You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
growwild

Re: Troodos Mountains, Cyprus
Date Posted: 22.47hrs on Fri 1 Mar 19
You'd make a good politician wi that answer, a 'no' would have been more than acceptable... The brits started the Palestine Ski Club in the 1930's, never amounted tae much through more colonisation sadly...

There's a dry ski slope doon faslane, WMD map making area... I guess that counts as a ski slope built in a brit colony by the colonisers..

So that's Cyprus and Scotland, any other yins built by em?

Rich_T

Last Visited: 19:26
5th Jun 2020
Date Posted: 07.37hrs on Sat 2 Mar 19
Gulmarg in Kashmir was founded by the British. [tourismofjammukashmir.com]
growwild

Date Posted: 20.53hrs on Sat 2 Mar 19
I wonder when they put mechanised lifts in there.

Does it say something about Scotland if they were setting up tows anywhere they could bar here?

[www.youtube.com] 1948 'better than the alps' but neglected and left tae be playgrounds for folk who made crazy cash through some bad shady colonial shit...

WeeSam

Last Visited: 00:53
5th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 21.56hrs on Sat 2 Mar 19
growwild Wrote:
You'd make a good politician wi that answer, a 'no' would have been more than acceptable...

that would have been wrong though...

my answer was correct...

Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, South Carolina, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Virginia were British colonies and there are hundreds of ski areas in those States.

please keep up, that shite is clearly rotting what's left of your wee brain.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 22.04hrs Sat 2 Mar 19 by WeeSam.
WeeSam

Last Visited: 00:53
5th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 22.09hrs on Sat 2 Mar 19
growwild Wrote:
I wonder when they put mechanised lifts in there.

Does it say something about Scotland if they were setting up tows anywhere they could bar here?

For starters, it says that the Himalayas are somewhat loftier and snowier than the Scottish Highlands.

growwild

Date Posted: 23.15hrs on Sat 2 Mar 19
Pedantic butcher apron panties in a twist smiling smiley

The 13 colonies wasn't the United States of America (USA) till the disease was booted oot. And none of they ski resorts in the USA were built when the colonial parasitic map making 'crown' were still ruling.. Twas a different lot of religious clowns fae the same stock though, but no brit built...

Soo, its India - Cyprus and Scotland if ya count faslane that were actually built buy colonial brits. Ski lifts that is for the eejits amongst us.

Keep up, typical political big brain syndrome talking pure shite muddying the waters.

What links Glencoe, America and India Einstein ?

The mayflower should have sunk.
telemarkmark

Last Visited: 11:11
8th Dec 2020
Date Posted: 09.48hrs on Sun 3 Mar 19
In reply to to the original message:
Difference is they have snow, at present b all in Scotland!
Was in Cyprus years ago, took a drive into the hills and amazed to be going through 2m deep snow drifts.
Britain still has a base there, which is sort of British territory, so guess the ski area was built by Brits.
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 10.07hrs on Sun 3 Mar 19
I bet it's quite cheap to go there as well, and the daylight at that latitude is going to be decent even in midwinter.
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.02hrs on Thu 7 Mar 19
growwild Wrote:
The 13 colonies wasn't the United States of America (USA) till the disease was booted oot. And none of they ski resorts in the USA were built when the colonial parasitic map making 'crown' were still ruling..

You seem to have a jaundiced view of the British Empire. But here is a somewhat famous British sorry Scottish/Irish soldier in the 13 colonies.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Basically the Scottish where utterly complicit in the British Empire, including North America and any suggestion they where not is historical revisionism. It's about time you got over your rabid and racist anti English sentiment.
growwild

Date Posted: 17.23hrs on Thu 7 Mar 19
Bwahahahahahahaha, you are a cracker!

George Monro (British Army officer --- That's fae yer own link numbnuts

Would ya prefer I write "colonial parastic english/scots/irish/Indian/Native American etc who signed up for and grafted for pure evil" or can I swap aww that for the word brit?

Tory leader = dirty brit

Labour leader = Decent wee English dude

And what is race, the brits muddied that word when they used race as a calling card of fecking superiority!

Next please..........
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 11.25hrs on Fri 8 Mar 19
George Monro was born in Ireland to Scottish parents, certainly not English, yet was in the British colonies. Here is a list of British units in the American Revolutionary war, rather a lot of Scottish ones and a smattering of Irish too.

[en.wikipedia.org]

For example 71st Regiment of Foot, Fraser's Highlanders

[en.wikipedia.org]

Raised by Simon Fraser of Lovat the a son of a notorious Jacobite clan chief, but he went on to serve with distinction in the British army. He also raised forces which served in the Seven Years' War against the French in Quebec, as well as the American War of Independence. Simon was the 19th Chief of the Clan Fraser of Lovat.

You don't get much more Scottish than that.

Labour leader = racist anti-semite if you ask me.

Oh and your rants are under the rule of law legally racist.
growwild

Date Posted: 18.47hrs on Fri 8 Mar 19
'Spits oot juice and some roll n sausage' BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA (breathes) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You sir are a belter!!

Me thinks yer thick as fook or trying tae twist things tae deflect fae yer horrible flags past, present and future with bringing out race card! Quite a lot of the far right are using that as a 'defence' as it's the only one yous have...

Maybe right wing Europeans* should start shouting the race card whenever someone mentions what the nazis did, that should crush all chat and condemnation of Nazis and their past?

Is it racist of me tae slag Nazis ?

According tae you tae be a brit = English born? If Wee Wullie Wallace had kids who went on tae slaghter and pillage for the brit crown then they'd be brit, you understand or ya gonna ignore what I say and continue tae sound like a fecking eejit and repeat yer fascist defence mob bullshit? Defend the flag like a man if you can!!

I knew you'd say that about Corbyn, was after some confirmation that yer thick and take what the right wing media say has gospel.. Or maybe ya just a sleeckit wee brit taking cash fae the likes of Shai Masot because the current Labour reader is the first tae recognise the plight of the Palestinians(semites) ?

I would go on about what Corbyn has did for the Jewish folk here on these ancient isles of the painted people but ya wound't be interested with yer blinkers on would ya? And I'd rather religion was kept out of everything as it's a freaking farce and better outta a politics and life in general.. But one thing that's always got moi finking is - Am I semitic? I was forced intae the insanity of christianity before I could read and got out .. If we ignore facts and say that daft one started in the middle east instead of rome then would that make me semitic as "my" religion is fae there?

* I did say Europeans and not Germans for what reason daft arse?

Back in the day, I'd honeslty sign up tae be a brit and head tae America for a slaughter, I'd have tae learn tae sail first as by the time that boat got there it would be just me left, I'd give the boat and scalps tae the Natives and teach them everything the brits taught me winking smiley

BDS!

P.S I vaped enough meds the day tae illegally floor aw the members of this forum before posting and after another jail bait big bag or two I have tae question here and the universe if that makes this post 110% illegal?

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 21.02hrs Fri 8 Mar 19 by growwild.
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: