You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234
Current Page:4 of 4
BraemarBob

Last Visited: 16:51
13th Mar 2020
Re: Glenshee 2020
Date Posted: 16.52hrs on Fri 13 Mar 20
Dunc - superb today with bright sunshine until about 2pm. Snow in great nick with East side of the hill all superb, Fionn bowl closed but main run good. Butcharts and Slalom race track were beautiful snow. The webcam is down so no look-see available that way, I've spoken to Shee staff about it and they are aware of the issue. The place was pretty full today anyway. Back Passage AKA Home run off Caenlochan tow was highlight. If you go, Enjoy!
ATB - Bob
Dunc

Last Visited: 09:47
18th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 18.09hrs on Fri 13 Mar 20
^^^^^^
Thanks. Sunday it is. Unless forecast changes radically for the worse.
Dunc

18th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 09.32hrs on Sat 14 Mar 20
The first thing you see on WH website when you go to Glenshee tab is a tweet from quite a while ago potentially confusing users into misundertsanding what is open and the conditions. There's no date stamp on the tweet.

That could do with getting sorted.

Also, really need to get Meall Odhar T bar removed from the lift list. It's shown as open today, and the lift doesn't even exist anymore.

Cheers
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 09.54hrs on Sat 14 Mar 20
Dunc Wrote:

Also, really need to get Meall Odhar T bar removed from the lift list. It's shown as open today, and the lift doesn't even exist anymore.

Cheers

It just recently reappeared in the shared data feed a few weeks ago!
PeterS

Last Visited: 12:21
13th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 17.44hrs on Sat 14 Mar 20
The skiing was great again today. I really like this soft snow it’s so forgiving. The Fionn bowl opened at about 11:30 when the visibility improved and was instantly superb. They then opened Fionn 2 which erased the queue.

Unfortunately there was a derailment on the cairnwell Tbar this morning that they were trying to fix. They had to change over some wheels on tower 2 I think.

Talking to one of the lifties yesterday he seemed to think that if they make a surplus this year the next tow to refurbish will be Meal odhar. The ‘new’ Caenlochan was shifting hundreds of skiers and boarders very effectively today. If they can do a similar job on Meal Odhar it should guarantee these connections for the foreseeable future.

Great day today. Thanks Glenshee.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 22.16hrs Sun 15 Mar 20 by PeterS.
Dunc

18th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 10.48hrs on Mon 16 Mar 20
Glenshee was great today. Looks like from PeterS report that we lucked out as we headed over to Caenlochan and Coire Fionn at midday, just as the 2nd Fionn Poma opened. Queues minimal apart from a brief period in morning when only Bucharts Access and Carn Aosda were open. But they fixed the Cairnwell T-bar so we went back to Cairnwell side after lunch.
Snow on piste really nice. Off piste became quite sticky.
Apparently Glas Maol poma is a bit damaged after almost 2 years of non use. Was told the weight of snow and ice at times have bent various bits of the structure. I'm not sure if it'll run this season because of that.
But thanks to Glenshee as ever for laying on a good days skiing.
Dunc

18th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 18.47hrs on Wed 18 Mar 20
Glas Maol due to open tomorrow.....!!
I did not expect that after my chat with ski patrol on Sunday.
Fiona Melville

Date Posted: 19.30hrs on Thu 19 Mar 20
Think it's time for the ski resorts to close.
We can't put the importance of money above thier safety.
Don't want to here about getting out and about.
I am a Doctor based in Dundee.
Sorry folks but we really need to help the the elderly and others on this one.
Regards Alan

Goto Page:  Previous1234
Current Page:4 of 4
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: