You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
simon mcgarvey

Why no terrain parks??
Date Posted: 21.17hrs on Wed 8 Feb 23
Just wondering why no resorts have built any terrain parks yet this season?
Surely it wouldnt take much to put a few rails up or build a few kickers? With poor snow and not much terrain open this would make it a bit more fun on the hills and get a few more people on the slopes that might not fancy the same few slopes all day. I know I’d go more often if more parks were built.
andy

Re: Why no terrain parks??
Date Posted: 15.37hrs on Thu 9 Feb 23
Takes a decent snow depth to build the mounds for a park, unfortunately not had enough snow for that yet this year.
winterhighland

Last Visited: 16:13
28th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 23.46hrs on Sat 11 Feb 23
There are now some boxes and small to medium kickers on the upper Cas under the downline of the T-bar on CairnGorm.
simon mcgarvey

Date Posted: 11.39hrs on Mon 13 Feb 23
winterhighland Wrote:
There are now some boxes and small to medium kickers on the upper Cas under the downline of the T-bar on CairnGorm.

Aye I saw they have some stuff in the cas now, looks good! I’m surprised with the closure of the snow factor in Glasgow more resorts aren’t trying to fill the gap in the market, I’d imagine there’s a few that would be keen to see more freestyle terrain in the resorts.

I get you need a decent base for building kickers etc, but cairngorm has shown you don’t need much to build just a simple set up. The rail set-up at the lecht would often be grassy, but still worth a slide in my opinion.

As wrong as it feels I think I’ll be spending my money at cairngorms until we get more snow or other resorts build some freestyle stuff. I’m afraid I love snowboarding too much and the Scottish season is too fickle to have morals for me.

That being said I’m pretty confident we will get some more good dumps this season to get more terrain open elsewhere!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: