You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page:227 of 228
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: CairnGorm Mtn (Non Conditions Discussion)
Date Posted: 11.31hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
GordieB Wrote:
Some interesting reading in here:

Point 37 says that HIE must reinstate the land if the funicular does not run for 12 months. That gives them to October 2019 to get it running again.

Point 38 says that HIE must pay the EU their £2.6m back if the funicular ceases to operate.

The date is actually in September, but the Scottish Ministers
may grant a single 24 month extension under the section 50.

Another legal aspect is whether the phoenixed CML has the legal authority to run the funicular for the public without an Act of Parliament, as it required a hybrid Act of Parliament to authorise construction under the Regulation of the Railway Acts - this specifically states that company is SC043599.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11.32hrs Mon 25 Mar 19 by alan.
ropetow

Last Visited: 09:08
13th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.32hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
No - point 37 says the land must be reinstated if the 'facilities' do not operate. Its a small but crucial difference. Plus any requirement to do this would need to be enforced by legal action from the planning authority. Its not a given.

37. The planning permission granted
for the funicular requires HIE to
reinstate the land if the facilities do not
operate for any period of 12 months.
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.09hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
GordieB Wrote:

Point 38 says that HIE must pay the EU their £2.6m back if the funicular ceases to operate.

There must have been some time limit on that. It would be ludicrous if in 50 years from now the funicular was replaced and the money had to be paid back.
McAnus

Date Posted: 13.40hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
ropetow Wrote:
No - point 37 says the land must be reinstated if the 'facilities' do not operate. Its a small but crucial difference. Plus any requirement to do this would need to be enforced by legal action from the planning authority. Its not a given.

37. The planning permission granted
for the funicular requires HIE to
reinstate the land if the facilities do not
operate for any period of 12 months.

Plus nothing to say the funicular cannot 'operate' empty or briefly, i.e. for tests and not for the public. It has been spotted leaving the tunnel during the current closure period.
Olderalan

Last Visited: 15:23
7th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 16.54hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
jabuzzard Wrote:
GordieB Wrote:

There must have been some time limit on that. It would be ludicrous if in 50 years from now the funicular was replaced and the money had to be paid back.

Repayable if the Funicular ceases to operate within 25 Years......assume that means ceases to operate permanently.

Kind regards

Olderalan

Sunshine

Last Visited: 18:41
3rd May 2019
Date Posted: 17.24hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19

It is highly unlikely that any money would have to be paid back to the EU.

The funicular obtained £2.7million of ERDF funding (Objective 1 funding). There were anomalies in many projects that obtained structural funding between 1994 and 1999 when £32 million of EU funding was obtained for various projects. In fact the Scottish Government paid back £9.47 million in 2008 to stop further EU investigations. That must make any agreement worthless.

ropetow

Last Visited: 09:08
13th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.45hrs on Mon 25 Mar 19
And i don't see the EU being able to enforce this if we leave the EU and the ECJ.

Likewise - can they not tear up the VMP as well?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.46hrs Mon 25 Mar 19 by ropetow.
growwild

Date Posted: 14.23hrs on Wed 27 Mar 19
Reading this thread pure smashed makes me thick of why the far right started brexit, twas all tae protect the brit money laundry if yous must know...

Is this David Gorton guy who owned natural retreats now named togethertravel based in one of these laundry hot spots?

Would that explain the lack of morals needed to steal vast sums of cash while wearing a suit fae the highlands if that was the case?

If this companies funds are held in one of these dodgy offshore places then does that make it highly probable the original funds are from drug money, the arms trade or stolen by a brit backed dictator oot some african country don ugly betty is mining in ?

I must add that it's appropriate tae add to this post that it's the sick and unemployed that caused all the problems in this world, not the super rich who pay zero tax who could use the subsidies they get fae government tae bring the poor outta poverty.

Any lawyers care to ammend my post so that bawbag can take me tae court? I'll do six months for sparking him out pre trial winking smiley

JollyDee

Last Visited: 11:03
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 15.14hrs on Thu 28 Mar 19
I was taken to task for referring to the nutters that post on here but read the above and weep. David Gorton never took a penny out of CML but ploughed vast amounts of his own money in to keep the company going and the wages paid. He is not the sort of person to take out libel claims but winterhighland is skating on very thin ice.
SnowmanDave

Last Visited: 12:36
3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 15.31hrs on Thu 28 Mar 19
JollyDee Wrote:
I was taken to task for referring to the nutters that post on here but read the above and weep. David Gorton never took a penny out of CML but ploughed vast amounts of his own money in to keep the company going and the wages paid. He is not the sort of person to take out libel claims but winterhighland is skating on very thin ice.

Considering I quoted the stuff from CGML & NAIL company accounts...he'll have to take himself to court then...

---That was not a fall, I intended to do that!---
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 15.57hrs on Thu 28 Mar 19
JollyDee Wrote:

So if you are such an expert - answer the BBC's question. Where did the money go?

£3.5m of public funds spent on and/or put into CML, post take over by NAIL. £4m extracted from CML by the NAIL group of companies according to the figures listed on Parkswatch yesterday.

An equally pertinent question is to HIE to answer why they sold CML to a company, Natural Assets Investments Limited, that wasn't even party to the tendering process.

Scottish Ministers have asked HIE for a full statement of account of transactions between HIE and CML, money spent by HIE on CML leased facilities and details of transactions between CML and the other Natural Retreats group of companies.

Already it has become clear that HIE had spent significantly more on CairnGorm in 2014-2018 pre CML administration than they had admitted to through various FOI requests. £1.1m on the uplift, £0.6m on the buildings was public knowledge, so what about the other £1.8m.

HIE's remit is to strengthen Highland Communities. Allowing NAIL to extract management fees, and shifting senior management and directorship functions out of Scotland fulfilled that role in what way?

So toxic is Natural Retreats legacy on CairnGorm even Natural Retreats was embarrassed by Natural Retreats given the rebranding!
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 16.03hrs on Thu 28 Mar 19
Further to the above information reported in the media put a figure of around £110,000 on the amount of CML wages paid by HIE. Clarity over what was paid and for what months seems to be lacking with regards to when this started.

What is crystal clear is that NAIL got a months work out of the CML staff that were still working in November, then pulled the plug on November 29th. End of month wage bill? eye rolling smiley
growwild

Date Posted: 21.39hrs on Thu 28 Mar 19
Whahahahaha, pure belter...

Would the daft please buy some wee glass bottles and fill em with tears for moi if I make yer eyes leak.. Hominicrocodilia tears are quality for making money trees grow like fook at 1 drop per 10 million litres of water..
tupp

Date Posted: 16.53hrs on Fri 29 Mar 19
And the next mistake is made public,

Susan Smith of HIE infamy, who already has too many chapters of this farcical tale dedicated to herself, is to be the interim chief executive of CMSL.

I'm gobsmacked.
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 09.34hrs on Tue 2 Apr 19
Don't worry she has a long way to go to surpass Arlene Foster and Chris Grayling. Those two muppets have between them wasted over £1 billion and are still in office. Susan Smith is small fry in comparison.
Current Page:227 of 228
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: