You are NOT Logged in.
Need a lift? Got a spare seat? Get together &cut the cost, more trips for your £s
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
alsion

Last Visited: 13:38
12th Feb 2014
Weekend roadtrip to Scotland from Bristol - fancy joining me?
Date Posted: 00.21hrs on Tue 2 Mar 10
Hello

I was directed to this forum from Goneboarding...

I've been trying to find people to make a weekend trip to Scotland with me from Bristol, but all my mates are away / injured / poor / think I'm mad to drive all that way.

My plan was to drive up on Friday (5th March) night after work (leaving anytime from 3.30pm, but happy to leave later around work commitments). Boarding on Saturday/Sunday and drive back Sunday (7th) night. I'd also be up for boarding on Monday and returning on Monday night (8th) if people preferred.

I have a car which fits boards in (with one of the seats down i.e. could seat 3 people including me). I am also willing to do a significant amounts of the driving, but it would be ideal to share this - if I do all the driving I will probably need to stop more / longer journey time.

My plan was Glenshee as this looked most easily accessible, big ski area - although recent snow reports suggest the west side is better. I'd be happy to try anywhere!

I have my own kit and suggest that any hiring is done in Bristol, I have contact with a place and this would save queuing time (and possibly money) over hiring once there.

I've been boarding about 5 times (weeks), usually fine on reds and blues and have been attempting more blacks / tiny jumps. However I am pretty relaxed whether boarding in a group or meeting up later so as not to hold peopl back, etc. The main thing is company / sharing costs on the mammoth drive up.

In short, I have been trying to organise this trip for weeks and am desperate to go, and might end up going on my own. But if there's someone / people out there who'd want to come along, that'd be great. Let me know if you need more info.

Alison
tc

Last Visited: 15:24
2nd Feb 2014
Re: Weekend roadtrip to Scotland from Bristol - fancy joining me?
Date Posted: 16.51hrs on Thu 4 Mar 10
HI Alison
Hope you do not mind me sending this has any one one here got back to you are you still going up to scotland .Was planing on going on my self with my son with my motorhome was trying to do the same as you but giving two nights free in my motorhome .How long will it take you to get to scotland .Was at glenshee 2 weeks ago it was great .
All the best Terry

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 16.52hrs Thu 4 Mar 10 by tc.
alsion

Last Visited: 13:38
12th Feb 2014
Date Posted: 21.06hrs on Thu 4 Mar 10
Hi Terry
I just sent you a private message but not sure if it worked. No-one has got back to me, disappointed there's not more interest when I'm a willing driver. I didn't think your trip sounded compatible with mine (saw your post) - I wouldn't be able to leave Bristol till 4pm probably. Drop me a line if you think otherwise. I also decided on Glencoe as quicker to get to than Glenshee. I am very excited!!
Alison
what...snow

Last Visited: 11:21
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 14.32hrs on Fri 5 Mar 10
PMed you

Neil
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: