You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
hector

Last Visited: 13:35
19th Jun 2014
Aviemore Nightlife?!
Date Posted: 17.58hrs on Wed 17 Mar 10
Have a few friends up from London staying in Aviemore for easter and I've promised to go over for a few nights. Now although I'm in Aviemore all the time my experience of "apres-ski" consists mainly of a Fish Supper and a quick pint in the Cairngorm before heading home...

So recommendations please, probably be the sat night so up for a fairly big night if that's possible! Food, pub then maybe a club... Heard mixed reports about the place under the bank but what about the new club in The Winking Owl?

Does Aviemore have the same ridiculous curfew as Inverness?

Jamie

BarryFolan

Last Visited: 13:07
4th Jan 2012
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Aviemore Nightlife?!
Date Posted: 19.53hrs on Wed 17 Mar 10
ah fond memories, it all ended when i got hitched!

Not been to Two Hoots (behind the winky). Heard pretty good things. The Vault under the bank can be mixed as you say, but usually ok. I think the clubs can go till 3am though you do have to be in the door before 11.45pm (or maybe midnight, cant remember).

A few terrific pubs to choose from, and in theory they can open late each night I think, but only avail of this at weekends (think it's 12.30 or 1am)

Cairn probably best craic in town, Old Bridge, Winky, Doo Below (under skiing doo restaurant), Mackenzies (these would be listed in order of preference more or less). Other good food spots are the Royal Tandoori, La Taverna, Roos Leap, International Starters

Mambos (beside ellis-brigham) ok for food though wouldnt be first choice, and can be hit and miss for night life, but when it's busy and there's band or dj on it's good craic, might be a good option for an apres night - after dinner somewhere else (thursdays and saturdays tend to be good busy nights, friday hit and miss bizarrely). Tends to be a younger crowd and gets the "new school" type skier and boarders, along with a few crusty locals naturally

you could do worse than an aperitif in the old bridge, a feed in Royal Tandoori or La Taverna, a few liveners in the Cairn for a bit of banter, accross to Mambos to start ramping things up (pitchers of cocktails and all that jazz), then ride it out there or head for the vault or two hoots (mass exodus from Mamabos to get into the clubs in time so the last hour can be either dead and they'll shoo you out to close up or it can be just nicely quietened down to have a few nightcaps and stories before bedtime)
have at it

Barry
hector

Last Visited: 13:35
19th Jun 2014
Re: Aviemore Nightlife?!
Date Posted: 20.27hrs on Thu 18 Mar 10
Cheers Barry, sounds good. Had a pretty good night in Ballater of all places with the same crowd last year so I'm sure we'll do alright with that selection.

Being Easter I imagine it should be pretty lively.

Cheers again.

Jamie
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: