You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
YJ

Peer Pressure
Date Posted: 22.26hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
Getting into situations of peer pressure, where the individual make the wrong deicsion, because the groups ambitions are to succeed. Under that pressure the individual might feel pressured to follow the group to avoid feeling excluded and left out. Sometimes the individual is pressuring themselves. They feel like they need to follow the group, so one doesn’t get called out about the decision they made.

I posted this on another fourm as well. But i'm interested in some more options from WH members about peer pressure in the backcountry? Discuss your options of peer pressure among yourselves. I will keep checking back now and them, but i won't feel the need to reply.

And....

This will probably be the last post i will put up on WH, because i really can't be bothered with the dumbness of this fourm any more.
dj_colinbell

Last Visited: 12:45
16th Jan 2020
Re: Peer Pressure
Date Posted: 22.51hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
Not really the best way to get constructive replies to your post is it?
bluebird

Date Posted: 23.00hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
YJ - I thought it was just you and bojo the clown on your epic adventures? If he's pressurizing you into things you don't feel comfortable with or are beyond your skillset, just say no...!

Anyway, I hope TGR has a spell checker to assist you.

Bye bye
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.05hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10

I was wondering what sort of situations you mean YJ, maybe suggest an example of a case you thought was caused by peer pressure?

johnDUB

Last Visited: 12:29
28th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 23.14hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
I ski alone, no pressure, except on the edges and bases while skiing, best way...
YJ

Date Posted: 23.31hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
This is the only reply i'm going to post..

Example: A group of four hike to the summit of ben nevis. At the top they have a group discussion about the the line there about to ski. Three members of the group agree that the slope is considered safe and want to drop-in. The fourth group member disagrees, because he has a gut instinct that something could go wrong. So the fourth group member will feel pressured to follow to avoid feeling excluded and left out.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.33hrs Thu 11 Nov 10 by YJ.
bluebird

Date Posted: 23.33hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
HTH, I think he might mean this TR [www.tetongravity.com], where YJ relives his near-death experience on the slopes, where after checking the avalanche bulletin in the morning, he barely lives to tell the tale...smiling smiley
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.38hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10

Hey, we walk a knife egde every time we put those boots on...but heck somebody's gotta do it. (Tilt's white stetson hat backwards & walks out of saloon doors)
YJ

Date Posted: 23.41hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
bluebird Wrote:
HTH, I think he might mean this TR , where YJ relives his near-death experience on the slopes, where after checking the avalanche bulletin in the morning, he barely lives to tell the tale...

It happened along time ago.. This was more because of the desire to ski that line, under difficult circumstances.
bluebird

Date Posted: 23.43hrs on Thu 11 Nov 10
Too true bro, but let's not start the stetson vs helmet debate againwinking smiley
jonnyjetpants

Last Visited: 20:19
5th Mar 2011
Date Posted: 22.55hrs on Fri 12 Nov 10
YJ, thats cool bro, just to confirm,at what point you won't be coming on this "dumb forum" again? just so we know. thanks ;0)
roga

Date Posted: 23.10hrs on Fri 12 Nov 10
bluebird Wrote:
HTH, I think he might mean this TR , where YJ relives his near-death experience on the slopes, where after checking the avalanche bulletin in the morning, he barely lives to tell the tale...

Ah thats the thread where YJ gets the following response to his 'amazing' piece of prose (mild for TGR but I'll quote in full for accuracy (and fun), sorry Alan winking smiley )
This is the most worthless TR I have ever read. It is boring as fuck, and is worthless without pictures. You are worthless. Get the feck out of here with your made-up, retarded, piece of shit fan fiction. Go feck your mother.

Awesome, says it all really grinning smiley
jonnyjetpants Wrote:
YJ, thats cool bro, just to confirm,at what point you won't be coming on this "dumb forum" again? just so we know. thanks ;0)

Maybe now there's swearing on this thread, albeit 2nd hand and originally aimed at him, he'll consider the forum to be cool enough for him and come back ... yet again - can't wait! eye rolling smiley tongue sticking out smiley
StevieMcK

Last Visited: 13:25
29th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 01.10hrs on Sat 13 Nov 10

roga

Date Posted: 09.33hrs on Sat 13 Nov 10
Seen that somewhere else too Stevie!

You trying to make hinm feel at home or something? winking smiley
geeo

Last Visited: 20:04
7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 09.43hrs on Sat 13 Nov 10
YJ Wrote:

This will probably be the last post i will put up on WH, because i really can't be bothered with the dumbness of this fourm any more.

aww dont go you take it to a new level of dumbness
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: