You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Wengen
Date Posted: 17.38hrs on Sun 12 Dec 10
Anyone been, any reccomendations on where to go once there?

If you've eaten today, thank a Farmer
robpaterson

Last Visited: 08:50
24th Feb 2013
Re: Wengen
Date Posted: 01.32hrs on Mon 13 Dec 10

wengen is quite small but a great place some great boarding to be had.
what sort of things you wanting to know about

Rob
Snowborders

24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 11.41hrs on Mon 13 Dec 10
Really just the best places to go, want to avoid flats and blacks.

robpaterson

24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 23.15hrs on Wed 15 Dec 10
sent u a pm
dave-fisher

Last Visited: 19:05
8th Sep 2015
Date Posted: 19.31hrs on Sat 18 Dec 10
Great cruising down towards Grindelwald once you get the Manlichan cable car up from Wengen, have good gondola system back up aswell. Then also good sliding and often better snow across the valley at murren, although a slower older lift system. All together great area, nice town and amazing scenery.
dave-fisher

Last Visited: 19:05
8th Sep 2015
Date Posted: 19.31hrs on Sat 18 Dec 10
Great cruising down towards Grindelwald once you get the Manlichan cable car up from Wengen, have good gondola system back up aswell. Then also good sliding and often better snow across the valley at murren, although a slower older lift system. All together great area, nice town and amazing scenery.
robpaterson

24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 21.23hrs on Sat 25 Dec 10
Hi sent a pm to you again but dont seem to be working !

there are some fantastic runs down towards grindelwald from the top of the cable car from wengen or from the top at kleine scheidig.

from keline scheidgg there are a number of great runs to do.
if you get the lauberhorn chair up to the top there is a black run that comes back down from it that is has some great off piste that is great fun - just watch out there are a couple of big holes that are like long pits that you can see from the lift as you go up !

The one little bit of black is not that steep and if i remember you can avoid it as well. basically follow the chair lift back down.

From that lift as well you can head back over towasrds the wixi lift. some great views of the eiger from there and some great runs although be aware of the bridge at the bottom it tends to get large ruts in it which can throw you off if not expecting them !

if you get the fallonboden lift back up there is a fantastic run back down to the bottom you head left off the pieste keeping under the chairs and you can go down through some trees into a small ravine. enougth thats its not flat any of the way back down !

although there is a bit of a walk back to kleine scheidig from the top of it !

some really nice runs from the mannlichen area as well there are 3 good chairs in this area. and as previously mentioned you can get back to grindelwald from here.

also can get to grindelwald from kleine scheidigg - i think the two merge somewhere along the route down. - run 21 from the top i think. there is a bit of walking to do on this near the top but is amazing to do. first part is about the width of home road but through the trees.

about 3/4 of way down you cross a road beside a pub just right for a couple of refreshing drinks !

once you get to the bottom probably about a 10 min walk back to the gondola which takes about 30 mins to get you back to mannlichen.

again from kliene scheidigg you can head straight back to wengen. if you go from the station area there is quite a lot of flat initially but is a great run back down - you may be able to head down from the top of wixi but never really found it.

The other run i reallw would reccomend is the lauberhorn. although it says its a black you can do no problem. i went for my first lesson after about 15 days of boarding and the inst took me down it and was no problem. have been on steeper reds elsewhere !

Rob

Snowborders

24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 10.49hrs on Fri 31 Dec 10
Your pm has now appeared! That's a very handy piste map, better than any I could find on the web, many thanks.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: