You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Gartcoshyy

Last Visited: 12:16
19th Feb 2018
Resorts offering PistenBully rides?
Date Posted: 01.15hrs on Tue 4 Jan 11
Hi, I know this is a bit strange but I'd love to drive a PiestenBully. I know I probably never will but we can all dream, anyway I was wondering if any of the Scottish resorts offer lifts or rides in their PistenBullys or if any of the drivers are willing to let anyone in their matchine? I've been told a place in Switzerland does driving courses in PistenBullys but I'm just wondering if anywhere in Scotland would even let you have a ride? I know Nevis offered a ride as a prize to a facebook competition. Anyway if anyone knows if they could give me a shout.

Cheers!
daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Resorts offering PistenBully rides?
Date Posted: 07.42hrs on Tue 4 Jan 11
Gartcoshyy Wrote:
Hi, I know this is a bit strange but I'd love to drive a PiestenBully. I know I probably never will but we can all dream, anyway I was wondering if any of the Scottish resorts offer lifts or rides in their PistenBullys or if any of the drivers are willing to let anyone in their matchine? I've been told a place in Switzerland does driving courses in PistenBullys but I'm just wondering if anywhere in Scotland would even let you have a ride? I know Nevis offered a ride as a prize to a facebook competition. Anyway if anyone knows if they could give me a shout.

Cheers!

CML conditions permitting have a fun day on May bank holiday and offer rides on the PistenBully amongst other things, its usually a great family day out. Hopefully this season they could demo the 600w (Winchcat) along with some of the other new kit.

Highlight for the kids is always Avalaff doing his party trick
StevieMcK

Last Visited: 13:25
29th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 20.02hrs on Tue 4 Jan 11
Nevis Range ran a comp on facebook before Christmas, with the main prize being a ride in one of their groomers.
dhorsley

Last Visited: 16:55
16th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 16.00hrs on Mon 10 Jan 11
Bill at Glenmore is looking for volunteers to drive his piste machine through the forest and cut tracks for xc providing you have a suitable licence - so you actually get to drive rather than just ride in it ;-)
daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 00.13hrs on Tue 11 Jan 11
Sounds like some fun to be had - just think of the routes you create the sit back with a camera
NBT

Last Visited: 20:16
28th Nov 2012
Date Posted: 12.13hrs on Thu 13 Jan 11
There's a Postebasher driving course at la Plagne, but at 60 Euros for 20 minutes (including briefing and "certificate presentation") it's not exactly good value!

NBT : Notoriously Bad Typist
eurotele

Date Posted: 13.54hrs on Sun 30 Jan 11
just back from plagne yesterday and funnily enough i did the PB intro

i'd absolutley recommend the experience

best parts for me were the technical sections where throttle control and ensuring the blade was at the right height and angle for the camber were needed.

was longer than 20 mins driving and you do get to give it the beans on the hill sections

until you drive one you cannot really appreciate just how much skill it takes to get a perfect piste as there's so many elements to control

been watching a mix of PB 300 / 400 / 600 Prinoth Everests this week, quite a few by winch too and its bloody impressive what a non winch modern pb400/600 can do, plus at 9pm they all park up for coffee before the all night sessions near the chadron resturant @ plagne centre

really brings home the value of glenshee's investment

if anybodys out there and wants to have a go the number to call for reservations is 00 33 611954072
or e mail teamvaudey@gmail.com

they also have monster sized 4x4 quads ( brand new with snow / ice tyres )
for 15min sessions 25 euros , they looked ace fun ....

Hipennine

Date Posted: 10.22hrs on Mon 31 Jan 11
Serre Chevalier, are doing driving courses, rides, and a 3 and a half hour tour of the "Professions of the Mountain" evening session, covering snowmaking, piste-preparation (incl winchcats), etc. This latter starts at 5.30pm, and if you have a lift pass of 6 or more days is only 10 euros.
NBT

Last Visited: 20:16
28th Nov 2012
Date Posted: 10.40hrs on Mon 31 Jan 11
Now that does sound interesting and reasonable value, would love to do that if an when I ever get back to Serre CHevalier

NBT : Notoriously Bad Typist
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: