You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
cammyammy

Last Visited: 21:43
8th Dec 2014
Royal Mail Delivery Times due to the deep freeze and holidays
Date Posted: 02.42hrs on Tue 4 Jan 11
I ordered a ruksack from snow+rock on boxing day, allong with some other bits of kit on ebay. Just wondering what the current situation was, like if things are anywhere near normal again. Anyone know or have any recent experiences?

Boring post but im just wondering when my stuff is likely to arrive, today, tomorrow, next week, 2 weeks time, etc.??
jonnyill

Last Visited: 16:06
6th Jan 2012
Re: Royal Mail Delivery Times due to the deep freeze and holidays
Date Posted: 17.49hrs on Thu 6 Jan 11
What delivery service did you choose? I think all the first class recorded and next day super duper type services have a massive backlog after the pre-Christmas rush.

I posted one item 2nd class a few of days before Christmas and one First Class recorded the day after, the second class one arrived between Christmas and New Year and the First Class is still being processed. The same happened with some stuff I bought just before Christmas, all bought online on the same day, 2nd class stuff arrived before the Parcel force one.

No-one uses 2nd class before Christmas you see, everyone wants the best service so that gets really busy, and 2nd class remains the same. That's my explanation anyway, could be right or wrong. You would think that the 2nd Class stuff would just have to wait till all the first class was done though.

naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Re: Royal Mail Delivery Times due to the deep freeze and holidays
Date Posted: 17.50hrs on Thu 6 Jan 11
I ordered a new roof rack for my new car and roofbox.co.uk dispatched it royal mail first-class delivery on the 21st of December it has not arrived yet and I had to drive past the lecht and glenshee on Wednesday with a family of snow addicts win no toys to go play in the snow. Much huffing and grumping going on in my car!!!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: