You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Places to stay Glenshee, Glencoe and Lecht
Date Posted: 09.58hrs on Wed 23 May 12
I spend a lot of the time out of the country and have been known to take the opportunity to spread the word of Scottish Skiing, all 5 areas, not just Cairngorm.
I know the Aviemore area well amd Fort William is at the top of the list for a weekend trip when I can so I can give personal experience of areas and places I have stayed, but dont really know of where people would stay hotel/town wise for Glenshee/Glencoe/Lecht - quite/lively etc. They are all driveable for me and would never of thought of staying over.

cammyammy

Last Visited: 21:43
8th Dec 2014
Re: Places to stay Glenshee, Glencoe and Lecht
Date Posted: 22.21hrs on Thu 14 Jun 12
For glenshee you have a handful of hotels, some more classy than others, in Braemar which is not all that far away from the lecht as well.
On the other side you have the Spittal (which is cheap & sometimes cheerful), the Dalmunzie which is perhaps a bit ott for a skiing holiday. And then theres Gulabin Lodge which is run by a lovely family and gets good reviews, they also run the ski school at glenshee & glencoe. It also sits across the road from the Spittal in which there is a pub which can get busy during après ski when everyone comes off the mountain. Having said that, the closest town is at least 15 maybe 20 miles away.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: