You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
shagger

Last Visited: 19:36
30th Apr 2011
Pushing in lift queues, do you do it?
Date Posted: 23.15hrs on Mon 21 Feb 11
Are you one of those people who pushed in lift queues?

do you think it's ok for you to push in because you have a child with you?

and lifties..... why do you stand there with your thumbs up your backsides doing nothing about it?

I swear to god i'm going to start a fight soon with people who push in, whether they have their stupid kids with them or not

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.19hrs Mon 21 Feb 11 by shagger.
daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Pushing in lift queues, do you do it?
Date Posted: 07.49hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
If its a T-bar and there is a single I will push forward to take it.
shagger

30th Apr 2011
Date Posted: 08.21hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
That's not what I'm talking about
shagger

30th Apr 2011
Date Posted: 08.26hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
As a side issue....

I snowboard and don't allow anybody else on the T-Bar with me, even if the liftie tries to put somebody on with me. Why should I allow somebody else on to bang in to my board and damage the edges? It's annoying enough that idiots in the lift queue damage my board, so why should I allow it on a lift?
geeo

Last Visited: 20:04
7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 08.36hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
because the lift is a 2 man lift and it's not up to you to decide or to make the queue 2x as long because A you suck at snowboarding and cant keep your board in a straight line or B your the idiot.

Pushing in is unforgiveable and should be greeted with abuse for the pusher then they think twice, but really your no better if you only go solo you/other boarders doing this on BUSY days also deserve abuse
shagger

30th Apr 2011
Date Posted: 08.47hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
So it ok for somebody else to damage my board on a lift because THEY (not me) can't control their board is it? I just have to put up with other people damaging my board do I?
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 08.50hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
Dont use T bars then. Go elsewhere for your sliding.
rapiddescent

Last Visited: 09:43
6th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 08.53hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
geeo Wrote:
because the lift is a 2 man lift and it's not up to you to decide or to make the queue 2x as long because A you suck at snowboarding and cant keep your board in a straight line or B your the idiot.

I've just started boarding after 25 yrs of skiing - being a novice again on T-bars i.e. (actually having to concentrate) is pretty intimidating and until I've got the hang of it, going up in pairs is just going to end up with two people on their backs at the first pylon.

+ everyone has to start somewhere...
+ if you deny access to beginners then there will be no resorts in 5 years time.

I have to say that the professional and calm attitude of the plateaux access poma liftie at glencoe on saturday was amazing - especially given I fell off it 3 times in a row. I have not fallen off a tow (as a skier) for well over two decades. He was giving good advice and I didn't fall off all afternoon.
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 08.54hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
Think you need to save up for your own private resort...like on Wii for example? tongue sticking out smiley

Alternatively, get over it & learn to share time/space/lifts/toys.
Snow-Bunny

Last Visited: 21:03
4th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 09.03hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
If you dont want to go up with another boarder try asking a for a competent skier to partner you. Way too many T'bars go up with single skiers boarders on. It is up to everybody and not just the liftie to try to maximise loading and help to reduce queues at busy times
geeo

Last Visited: 20:04
7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 09.05hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
shagger Wrote:
So it ok for somebody else to damage my board on a lift because THEY (not me) can't control their board is it? I just have to put up with other people damaging my board do I?

No it isn't but skis/boards are tools in my view i dont want to hang them on the wall when i get home so i accept that it happens, everywhere, if you dont like that just ride pomas or chairs but you know it will still happen when folks push into the queue behind you, and if you tell them to stop standing on your stuff im sure they will.

I've just started boarding after 25 yrs of skiing - being a novice again on T-bars i.e. (actually having to concentrate) is pretty intimidating and until I've got the hang of it, going up in pairs is just going to end up with two people on their backs at the first pylon.

+ everyone has to start somewhere...
+ if you deny access to beginners then there will be no resorts in 5 years time.

Going up on a tbar on a snowboartd is much easier with 2 people, i ski and snowboard i've been there, you need someone who is confident on the other side but they are not hard to find in busy lift queues and pomas/tbars aint much diff to ride so why not master the poma first before attempting the tbar

DaveA

Last Visited: 00:06
19th Jan 2015
Date Posted: 09.08hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
i'm a student of the european / darwinian school of queueing
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 09.15hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
Boarder + skier is the easiest way for a boarder to go up a T bar. 2 boarders is harder than 1 in my opinion especially if one of them is not fully confident on drag lifts. I feel T bars are the easiest drag lift to master for a boarder.
I dont mind doubling up on T bars now but there was a day I worried about knocking the other person off with my lack of abillity.

And I have never noticed folk pushing in on queues. I do however get annoyed when folk ski or board over mine with a crappy set of rentals! Its not difficult to avoid doing it.
shagger

30th Apr 2011
Date Posted: 09.23hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
DaveA Wrote:

Did our parents constantly tell you that you're special?
Bongo

Last Visited: 11:14
28th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 09.35hrs on Tue 22 Feb 11
DaveA Wrote:

You must have been on the receiving end of some very Scottish abuse using tactics like that winking smiley

On the subject of breeders pushing in cos their little darlings are in front,they know where they can shove that idea. The kids still gonna be at the top of the lift when they get there so they can just wait in line.

I just tell them if it matters so much that they all go up together then get your kid to go behind me and learn to ski faster to keep up with them.

That usually shuts them up smiling smiley
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: