You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
veletron

Last Visited: 14:46
1st Apr 2021
**Cheap** Foreign Ski Holiday Required !!
Date Posted: 13.08hrs on Thu 20 Oct 11
Hi

Anyone found any *cheap* foreign ski deals for 2012? I am easy re location, but somewhere with a decent amount of terrain. I looked at the Bulgarian resorts (went there as a kid), but they look to be no bigger than Glenshee!

I'm getting a bit peeved with paying £6 for a beer, and £250 for a weeks ski pass, so maybe a non eurozone location would be best.

I did suggest a weeks skiing in Scotland to my OH, but she did not think much of that idea, likes the whole 'ski experience', slopeside bars etc.

I'm thinking £500PP including flights, hotel and lift pass ;-)

Nigel

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13.08hrs Thu 20 Oct 11 by veletron.
KingOfTheC

Last Visited: 16:19
14th Apr 2014
Re: **Cheap** Foreign Ski Holiday Required !!
Date Posted: 13.13hrs on Thu 20 Oct 11
If you can go in non-half-term times then you can get close to the £500 all inclusive deal you mention there.

I was looking at a Crystal Ski+ deal a month or so ago - It was for Pas de le Casa in Andorra, half board at a 2* hotel (which has incredibly good reviews on trip advisor) with ski pass, ski / board carriage or hire, flights and transfers, for the week of 18th February, for £600.

I was well impressed with it myself!

EDIT:
In fact - an advert came up for me at the top of Winterhighland just after I posted that, saying that the Ski+ holidays start from £395 - I'm sure these are in tiny places at odd times, but gives you an idea of how cheap you might be able to get it with all the passes etc included.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13.26hrs Thu 20 Oct 11 by KingOfTheC.
Hipennine

Date Posted: 15.03hrs on Thu 20 Oct 11
If you can live with waiting to the last minute, and are flexible on departures over a couple of days, I have found in the past that ringing the tour operators direct as late as possible (ie 5 or 10 mins before their offices close) can be very fruitful. I was once told a convoluted story about how if they get cancellations, and insurance is through the tour operator, the insurance co try and resell the holiday through the web, etc, but if they can't they hand it back to the tour operator at the last minute, and web-based booking systems aren't updated fast enough to sell it. Don't know if its true or not, but the last time I did it a couple of years ago, I rang one of the majors at 17.30 on Friday before Feb half term, and on Sat morning, two of us were on a plane to Austria for a week's h/b in a chalet in St Anton, for £200 each, which included airport parking. Had to buy lift pass of course.
Gartcoshyy

Last Visited: 12:16
19th Feb 2018
Date Posted: 17.41hrs on Sat 12 Nov 11
I'm off to Bansko in Bulgaria in January, flying from Edinburgh on 8/1/11, 4 * hotel HB, lift pass and ski carriage. £380pp

[www.banskoski.com]
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: