You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
sexyboy

Last Visited: 10:07
27th Jan 2012
ski patrol who thinks he's god
Date Posted: 20.58hrs on Sun 1 Jan 12
[vimeo.com]

this guy needed to be knocked the spark out for swearing

and i'd like to see somebody take my lift ticket !!! he should have given the ski patrol 5 seconds to give it back or he would be waking up in hospital. ski patrol are there to SERVE and nothing else, they need to stop thinking they're special
David Goldsmith

Last Visited: 08:28
6th Nov 2018
Re: ski patrol who thinks he's god
Date Posted: 21.40hrs on Sun 1 Jan 12
It's interesting that this conversation is taking place right in the middle of the run. The patroller seemingly makes no effort to get the group out of harm's way by shifting them to the side of the run.

On the surface of it, that looks a lot more dangerous than whatever the guy is being accused of.
sexyboy

27th Jan 2012
Date Posted: 00.37hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
[www.facebook.com]

good comment on there about ski patrol just being there to help injured people

they want to take my pass, yeah ok.... only if you want a broken nose trying to get it
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 01.07hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
So who tells the clowns who go too fast and show off in what was apparently a controlled area...?

Someone needs to enfore the rules.
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 15.13hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
Saw this on the resorts facebook page, At least they have acknowledged a problem. Dont know if it means much though

We at Snowbasin Resort had an incident yesterday for which we have received much deserved criticism. We are frankly embarrassed by this situation and have taken measures to prevent this type of incident occurring in the future. Snowbasin strongly believes in treating all of our guests with respect. We strive to deserve the respect and exceed the expectations of everyone visiting our resort.

[vimeo.com] extended footage showing the exact incident (approx 6 seconds in to the clip) that caused the instructor to pull the boarder over. I would say it should of been a non event. He did do a small jump close to someone but not that close or that fast. And the boarder looked to be in control, I wonder if he was wearing a leash ;-)

sexyboy

27th Jan 2012
Date Posted: 16.46hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
They haven't said what steps they've taken to make sure it doesn't happen again, I would say nothing at all, they're just saying they have to stave off the bad publicity

That ski patrol should have been sacked

Ski resorts need to remember who their paying customers are and remember we call the shots not them!
ColinTheCop

16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 17.44hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
And the paying customers need to remember if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.....

Or you could just whinge about it on Facebook.
sexyboy

27th Jan 2012
Date Posted: 17.52hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
Crime? What law was broken? Are you really a policeman?

Hipennine

Date Posted: 18.19hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
If you watch the video from the beginning, the boarder lines up for the jump whilst a child in a red jacket is immediately below the jump, and (presumably) the mother is just above the jump. So the boarder decides to split a mother and child by taking a jump between them, and the child below the jump. Frankly, anybody who thinks that this is an ok thing to do shouldn't be on the slope.

We don't know if there was any previous between the patroller and the offender and his camera-man, which may have resulted in the patroller losing it a bit language wise, but that aside, he was doing his job.

Deciding to blast through a family in a controlled area is a no-no. The "culprit" was hardly contrite.

sexyboy, you need to read the Alpine Rsponsibility Code. It may not be law, but it is regarded by various courts (incl US) as a guide to conduct. If the boarder had hit the child, the court would have referred to the Code in the inevitable legal action.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 18.43hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
What did the boarder do to break the Alpine Responsibility Code?

Agree with NFJB, non event.
sexyboy

27th Jan 2012
Date Posted: 18.54hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
Jesus Christ!!! I've gone closer to people all the time than the boarder did to the parent. Try going down the traverse at cairngorm for a starter

And WOW, just WOW!!!! Somebody rode between a parent and their child, big deal! It happens all the time and is a none event, is it law that a parent must not have anybody between them and their child? They need to get over themselves or get off the mountain

happygirl

Last Visited: 12:56
21st May 2012
Date Posted: 19.09hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
Bit suspicious the above two posts one after the other no? Is it just me who thinks that alan is talking to himself above to mask his desire to slag off ski patrol?
davidt

Last Visited: 12:41
19th Apr 2020
Date Posted: 20.05hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
Hipennine Wrote:
If you watch the video from the beginning, the boarder lines up for the jump whilst a child in a red jacket is immediately below the jump, and (presumably) the mother is just above the jump. So the boarder decides to split a mother and child by taking a jump between them, and the child below the jump. Frankly, anybody who thinks that this is an ok thing to do shouldn't be on the slope.

So, you're assuming he did something then attacking him for it? Not the most logical of arguments. [EDIT - and I can't even see the "mother", do you mean the ski instructor stationary beside the jump??]

Based on the shot of the jump and the child at 0:08, I can see absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.

If he had hit the child the authorities would have bigger things to worry about than his liability in a lawsuit, as the laws of physics would have broken down.

David

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 20.07hrs Mon 2 Jan 12 by davidt.
sexyboy

27th Jan 2012
Date Posted: 20.43hrs on Mon 2 Jan 12
happygirl Wrote:
Bit suspicious the above two posts one after the other no? Is it just me who thinks that alan is talking to himself above to mask his desire to slag off ski patrol?

I'd put the crack pipe down if I were you
ColinTheCop

16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 10.54hrs on Tue 3 Jan 12
sexyboy Wrote:
Crime? What law was broken? Are you really a policeman?

It's a phrase, no crime was broken but I'll guess there is some sort of rules in that resort that Ski patrol think the lad has broken.

And no I'm not a Policeman. I'm a 14yr old boy in my bedroom pretending to be a keyboard warrior who likes to hide behind a false identity so I can post things about people 'ending up in hospital' if they cross me. It's quite common on the internet.

I'm guessing you'll recognise that description....?
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: