You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
liaml

Last Visited: 21:35
18th Apr 2021
inverness
Date Posted: 16.01hrs on Thu 19 Jan 12
can anyone one from Inverness tell me how close the job center and also the Glemoriston hotel are to the train station, i need to be there on the 25th and im getting the train up from Glasgow. thanks.
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Re: inverness
Date Posted: 16.40hrs on Thu 19 Jan 12
I think the job centre has moved to the other side of the river. Get to Johnny Foxes and keep walking and it's on the right.

The hotel is down Ness Walk according to google. Turn left at Johnny Foxes and it's a 3 minutes walk if you follow the river (the Loch Ness marathon route).

And Foxes is 5 mins or so walk from the Station.

So all within easy walking distance. Google map should plout them for you and give you an idea.

Disclaimer: I neither live nor work in Inverness so I might be wrong. Albeit I have got drunk in Johnny Foxes a few times.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 16.40hrs Thu 19 Jan 12 by ColinTheCop.
liaml

18th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.48hrs on Thu 19 Jan 12
thanks colin, i had a look on google maps for the JC couldn't seem to find it though, im sure ill get there in the end though
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 22.55hrs on Thu 19 Jan 12
When you arrive in the station, exit the side gate (left as you look from the platform) into Falcon Square outside the Eastgate Centre, cross at the pedestrian crossing into Inglis Street at the end of which turn right down the High Street and keep on going till you cross the river.

The Job Centre is just across the bridge from the High Street, if you reach the Tesco you've walked past the door of the Job Centre! It's probably about 6-7mins walk.

The Glenmoriston Hotel is on Ness Bank on the train station side of the river, but from the Job Centre you'd probably be as quick walking along Ness Walk on the Job Centre side of the river, keep going beyond Eden Court Theatre and cross the Infirmary Footbridge which is just a short distance upstream from the Glenmoriston Hotel. Be about 10mins depending how quick you can walk.

Google maps misses out a chunk of Ness Walk where it is pedestrianised and runs parallel to Bishops Road and also more importantly doesn't show the Infirmary Bridge!
liaml

18th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.33hrs on Fri 20 Jan 12
Thanks for the info Alan
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: