You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Southernboarder

Last Visited: 20:58
22nd Aug 2014
What's this?
Re: Avoid CrystalSki and Jet2.com at all costs!!
Date Posted: 11.16hrs on Sat 18 Feb 12
Nigel, find their regulatory body and send them a new complaint by email or post detailing you'll be contacting them if they don't reply to your previous complaint sending a copy of previous corres. You'll be offered vouchers straight away!

Ahhhh Crystal! I never do package stuff purely because of the lack of control you have. Sadly caved to a super cheap deal in a very snowy early season Austria a couple of years back. Suffice to say the journey back home was a joke!

Although the best package thing was the losing of the luggage in Italy years ago. Coach parks at resort boundary as car free. Can see hotel. Reps say an electric buggy thing will be delivering all luggage at hotels which was just as well as some people seemed to annoyed / unfit to even walk themselves to their hotel!!!!! I ignored the rep and carried my pack and kit to hotel. Guess who didn't have their belongings the next morning?
inchhighj

Last Visited: 21:52
14th Feb 2014
Date Posted: 23.39hrs on Sat 18 Feb 12
Just about to book L2A from Glasgow to Chambery with Crystal on Monday, although the details say Thomson airlines not Jet2. do you reckon there will still be issues with their planes weight or whatever, whichever model it is, as I tend to fill my board bag up to the limit and beyond grinning smiley

Have went with crystal a few times seemlessly, also Iglu last month which was near perfect using Jet2, issues with inghams when Zoom went bust a couple years back when they put all customers on alternative flights except for our lot as it was the most expensive time i.e. Xmas and they were demanding another £500 for british airways flights! done it ourselves a few times too and by fook its been tight with the return airport transfers to the absolute last minute, and doing Cham ourselves in a few weeks only because the late deals are so shit. But a boarding "holiday" I find is always frantic enough with tryin to find best lifts/runs happy hour pubs etc. thqat I'm happy to let a TO do all the other work so I can concentrate on what I'm there for.

Suppose it doesnt really matter who you go with they will all cock up somewhere along the line, but you just hope it wont be you...
Nelbert

Last Visited: 16:26
23rd Aug 2015
Date Posted: 00.35hrs on Sun 19 Feb 12
Inchhighj Thomson fly a 757-200 from Glasgow into Chambery, which is a much bigger aircraft than the Jet 2 737-300. You would think this cause more problems given the size of the airport...

However the 757 is very much overpowered, and a hop to France and means its light on fuel. I doubt they will have any problems - there is videos on Youtube of 757's flying like fighters (empty of course)
Hipennine

Date Posted: 14.11hrs on Sun 19 Feb 12
Agree with Nelbert, you get a real "experience" if a pilot has to resort to a steep climb in one of these. Make the most of it - it looks like Thomson are getting rid of all their 757's this summer, and replacing with 737-800s
JanA

Last Visited: 15:03
10th Apr 2017
Date Posted: 01.54hrs on Sun 26 Feb 12
Used Crystal for the first time last year and certainly won’t do it again. Should have gone to Tignes but they screwed up our hotel booking (that was the good bit, the alternative hotel in Courchevel 1850 was lovely).

Had to land at Grenoble instead of Chambery – the pilot said it was because they were not allowed to land at Chambery in the dark (WTF? Don’t Crystal know it gets dark? Why schedule late afternoon flights?)

The transfer was awful; involved 3 different vehicles; unloading gear for the fourth time at midnight isn’t funny. This was all bit of a puzzle – hardly surprising because we couldn’t understand the rubbish English spoken by the coach driver on the first leg of the journey; at least if the pratt had spoken French we might have understood (no Crystal rep on the coach). Missed evening meal the first night – hotel had kept some soup warm for us.

Return journey was equally chaotic and 3 hours late. Quite a warm day and the coach was stuffy ...the driver turned off the air con the minute we pulled onto the peage, presumably to save fuel; cheapskate.

Did actually fly back from Chambery – definitely need wheely baggage there as they don’t do trolleys. Apparently not enough room for them at the check-in.

Going to Les Arcs next week....going with Thompson and paid the extra to go via Geneva and avoid Chambery. Had no probs with Thompson before so fingers crossed.

Hipennine

Date Posted: 10.03hrs on Sun 26 Feb 12
^^^^^^

Crystal and Thompson (and First Choice) are exactly the same company, just with a different front branding.

Identical holidays at identical prices from all 3. They throw in the odd accommodation variation availability on the websites (eh there are more singles available through First Choice)
JanA

Last Visited: 15:03
10th Apr 2017
Date Posted: 23.30hrs on Sun 26 Feb 12
Hipennine Wrote:
^^^^^^

Crystal and Thompson (and First Choice) are exactly the same company,

Must admit that was what I understood....but we have travelled several times with Thompson and almost no criticism; Crystal were inept from start to finish.
Hipennine

Date Posted: 09.24hrs on Thu 26 Apr 12
Interesting to note that a Titan airways 737 operating a Chambery-Gatwick flight on 14th April managed to scrape its tail along the ground when taking off. (Presumably on a crystal/thomson charter)
Nelbert

Last Visited: 16:26
23rd Aug 2015
Date Posted: 09.37hrs on Thu 26 Apr 12
link to that incident.

Great site this however a look through the pages may be enough to put the nervous flyer from getting on a plane again!

[avherald.com]

Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: