You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
JohnB

Last Visited: 20:20
17th Mar 2019
Anzere Switzerland - any good? ...and how to get there
Date Posted: 18.34hrs on Sun 26 Feb 12
I've been offered a cheap week in a chalet in Anzere for the family and I'm considering whether to take it up or not. It's the 1 st week of the easter hols, 31st March.

Anyone been there?... if so, what's it like?

Was considering flying swissair to either Geneva or Zurich and hiring a car for the transfer. Looks like 2+ hours from Geneva, 3+ from Zurich. Any thoughts on this? (seems less hassle than trains/buses etc with a family of 4).
Lionel

Last Visited: 01:15
26th Nov 2017
Re: Anzere Switzerland - any good? ...and how to get there
Date Posted: 19.28hrs on Sun 26 Feb 12
Hi John,

I know that someone from the MB knows very well Anzere. I can't remember if it's Flugeryl or dhorsley ! You should try to contact them. Good luck.

Greetings from the French Alps,

Lionel
Hipennine

Date Posted: 08.24hrs on Mon 27 Feb 12
It faces due south. If you like sun and slush, that'll be fine ! Also, it can be a canny hike to the lift depending where your accommodation is.
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 18.51hrs on Wed 7 Mar 12
Hi JohnB just noticed this thread and may be too late but I've skied Anzere and LOVED it!!

Easy to get to fly to Geneva then get the train no stops to Sion then short bus ride to Anzere and easy changes with minimal walking.

Skiing area is great with mainly red runs. Initial access via gondola then mainly Tbars and pomas. 2 long chairlifts at least with one serving our favourite long (c. 5k) red run.

Resort is quiet but a decent choice of restaurants, creperies and bars.

word is that there is a connection planned to the nearby resort of Crans Montana which is worth a visit whilst you're there.

I'm skiing in Verbier this season and still planning a drive over to Anzere for a day,

Come with TREKnTRAIL for a memorable and enjoyable outdoor experience walking or mountain biking in the wonderful Cairngorms National Park near Aviemore.

www.trekntrail.co.uk

Hipennine

Date Posted: 14.53hrs on Fri 16 Mar 12
Agree with Paul about the train/postbus to get there. Direct from Geneva airport station. Alternatively from Zurich Apt station with a change in Lausanne or Visp. Get a Swiss Transfer Ticket from Swiss National Tourist Office before you go-it's cheaper than buying a standard return ticket.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: