You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Scotland Surf and Ski Same Day
Date Posted: 13.07hrs on Thu 17 May 12
Prompted by a post in ramping. In fairly recent years I have golfed and skiied in the same day, Kinloss Golf course and Cairngorm - with the weather forecast looking at a warm spell I think Surf and Ski could be possible in the same day - not talking green room waves here.

I have surf canoed Lossie East Beach and family surf at Sanded so distance wise its doable. Nairn beach is closer to CairnGorm but I haev only swan there a long time ago

As age takes its toll I started to woryy about getting harpooned by mistake so gave my wetsuit to brother so its not something I would be up for.

Any thoughts?
Snow-Bunny

Last Visited: 21:03
4th Aug 2019
Re: Scotland Surf and Ski Same Day
Date Posted: 15.15hrs on Thu 17 May 12
I have done Cairngorm and both Sandend and Lossie in the same day. Last time was 2 years ago on midsummers day
Doug_Bryce

Date Posted: 20.03hrs on Thu 17 May 12
Can claim a ski + surf on the same weekend ?

1st Nov 2008 - Cairngorm powder on the east lady

Followed by some fun mellow 4ft peeling waves in Aberdeen the next day...

Many years ago there use to be the annual 'Freeze + Breeze' competion - which mixed up snowboarding with windsurfing on loch morlich.

[www.haggistrap.co.uk]
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.17hrs on Fri 18 May 12
never one that same day, but had a lunan bay/cairngorm weekend combo back in 2008, and several mtb/board weekends (most recently at easter), but thats not much of a challenge to pull off!

does a kicker session on cairngorm followed by a (semi-warm) dook in loch morlich count?
Southernboarder

Last Visited: 20:58
22nd Aug 2014
What's this?
Date Posted: 14.04hrs on Fri 18 May 12
I've managed windsurf in Loch Morlich and slide down a snowpatch in July before, but never made it down the coast.

Looked up Sandend and it looks a fun break - will check it out. Aberdeen looks like a chilled break in that pic too. Another for the list! Shame the swell switches off as the water warms up.

headnip

Last Visited: 07:32
26th May 2016
Date Posted: 18.14hrs on Tue 22 May 12
done the "Mcnab"many times boarding morn canoe avo Loch Morlich followed by skinny dip
Feel one coming on this weekend !
Mike_w

Last Visited: 06:19
12th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 23.14hrs on Tue 22 May 12
Climb & ski should be possible.

A few years ago we did Savage Slit and on the walk out (we took the long route over the northern corries) we watched Doug Bryce & co skiing Aladins.

Mike in Edinburgh
Assorted scottish pics - www.prog99.com
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: