You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lionel

Last Visited: 01:15
26th Nov 2017
Skiing, ski-touring or boarding abroad : season 2012/2013
Date Posted: 13.37hrs on Wed 31 Oct 12
Hiya Winterhighlanders !

That's the start of a new season after a short summer break. I was lucky to ski tour until July 14th in the Northern Alps, so that's only 3 and a half months ago. An unexpected early snowfall last week-end was a good opportunity to be back on the planks even at low altitude for the Alps (900 metres). Weather was perfect, sunny and glorious blue sky, snow was excellent, powdery, light and cold. A fantastic first act of the season.

Greetings from the Alps,

Lionel

[animoto.com]
Freeheel

Last Visited: 12:20
22nd Dec 2016
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Skiing, ski-touring or boarding abroad : season 2012/2013
Date Posted: 12.19hrs on Tue 13 Nov 12
Lionel, sounds glorious...are you still telemarking occasionally?

Reason I ask is I wondered if you know if there's a calendar of tele-festivals in France for the forthcoming season? I was in La Rossiere a few years back and came across such an event where they were evidently having a great time hence I thought if I planned ahead I could enjoy the experience again and in greater depth.

Slàinte!

Freeheel
Lionel

26th Nov 2017
Date Posted: 01.07hrs on Tue 11 Dec 12
Hi Freeheel,

Sorry to be late to reply to your message. I have been telemarking four times since the start of the season in October and I will be telemarking a lot this winter.

I plan to attend a few telemark events and I might go to La Rosière for la Pachonnée. I know there will be at least two events close to my place, one in Chamonix-Les Houches and one in La Clusaz. I will try to look for the dates.

Greetings from the Alps (two feet of snow tonight at 3000 feet).
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.25hrs on Tue 11 Dec 12
Lionel were you at the Runrig concert on Friday night in Glasgow? Saw a french flag but when I went over at the end to see if it was you I couldn't find it/you!

Lionel

26th Nov 2017
Date Posted: 22.40hrs on Thu 13 Dec 12
That's a shame Chris we didn't meet !! Yes indeed it was me.

I left home with half a metre of powder snow to go to Glasgow and to Edinburgh to see Runrig. the gig in Barras was awesome, I was with a French friend who studies at Paisley University and I met lots of other Riggie friends. I would have really enjoyed meeting you and sharing a real ale. Did you enjoy the gig ? I also attended the Edinburgh Usher Hall gig that was brilliant too. My ticket for the Party on the Moor next August is already booked ! What about you Chris ?
Freeheel

Last Visited: 12:20
22nd Dec 2016
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 20.24hrs on Sat 12 Jan 13
Hi Lionel,

Thanks for responding, I'm planning to get out on the skis soon - Obergurgl which I havent skied before but hopefully some good terrain. Just mounted up some Movement Jackals with NTN Freedoms and I cant wait. Work can be a bitch but it helps pay for it all.

If you hear of any more details about these tele events please share. Next best thing to a Runrig gig and would surely be heaven to have both!

Have a great season.

Free the heel and free the spirit. thumbs up

Freeheel
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: