You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
johnDUB

I know what I did this summer
Date Posted: 10.25hrs on Thu 8 Nov 12
Always loved the bmx the age of 12. Had a few GT Pro Performers in the 80s, and had some good times. Took up MTB and also took ill with depression and anxiety early 2000's. Bought this blue GT Zone, and rode for a while again. 2 failed and severe aggrophobia, I let go. Anyways, I decided to rebuild this bike. I looked at the bikes I did have and they are really silly bonkers money.

Untitled by johndub71, on Flickr

Potts mod levers and Skyway ez bars from mid 80s. NOS find, same as seat too.

Crazy acs doubler for caliper brakes, more power and modulation. Genuine new Skyway Tuff2s from urmerica. Sealed bearings, but silly 24TPI axles!!

EVO II by johndub71, on Flickr

Got in trouble for this rear brake. It IS new though.

The forks, though non u brake are new cromo items, stem is 1 1/8th ahead, Fsa Pig headset, Gyro 02, Odyssey Excaliber 80s one piece crank. Union thermo plastic pedals from the 80s bought nos. Bars are NOS, levers, grips, and rear frame standers. Theyre Mike Dominguez's products. Pegs on front are new and so is the Seat Post. The GT has the white seat now.

I still ride at 41 and enjoy it no end!

Built this for daughter, but I ride it when its dirty outside. Sounds gay, but the GT stays indoors as a 80's,90's'00's homage.

This is what I originally, owned, be it in yellow, but we all remember Eddie Fiola from bitd.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: