You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
David Goldsmith

Last Visited: 08:28
6th Nov 2018
French and British bust-up over tour operator ski hosts (chapter 2012)
Date Posted: 16.19hrs on Fri 16 Nov 12
The long-running flare-ups between the French national ski school ESF and British tour operators have resulted in a showdown in London. James Cove's Planetski site has this interesting report ...

[www.planetski.eu]

Anyone planning to work as a ski host for a UK tour operator this winter? Alternatively, are you an instructor (e.g. BASI) and having a harmonious time working in a French resort?

Recent incidents have been reported in some French resorts. Do you have any first-hand knowledge of these?

snowplc

Last Visited: 12:40
16th Feb 2021
Re: French and British bust-up over tour operator ski hosts (chapter 2012)
Date Posted: 20.20hrs on Fri 16 Nov 12
Can't help with recent events but this was a problem when I worked in Val d'Isere in late 90s early 00s.
I was resort manager for a couple of companies (including Le Ski mentioned in this article) and I remember one year being told by the company I worked for not to wear my company jacket when ski "leading" to prevent any issues.
It was pretty much the same reason then as now - job protectionism.

David Goldsmith

6th Nov 2018
Date Posted: 09.41hrs on Sat 17 Nov 12
Interestingly, this event/incident precedes something quite significant this coming Thursday in Parliament Square - a commercially sponsored flashmob!

Given the sensitivity of this location, and the various laws/by-laws that control commercial events in the capital, I'm amazed if this has been cleared by the authorities, so let's see what happens ...

Just five of the 200 French instructors planning to do something (ski in one long line?) in Parliament Square: Jean, Paul, Georges et Ringo (et Pierre)
David Goldsmith

6th Nov 2018
Date Posted: 09.52hrs on Sat 17 Nov 12
The above event is being networked on Twitter, hosted by 'Atout France UK PR' ...

[twitter.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: