You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
robw

Last Visited: 20:02
18th Dec 2013
childs plastic strap on ski's, thoughts, any good?
Date Posted: 09.51hrs on Sun 20 Jan 13
hi, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on getting my soon to be 3 year old started in skiing, are plastic strap on skis any good in getting started ? ie for balance n the feeling, living in worcestershire isn't the best starting point but i want to get her started soon, so we can head north and i can show her where i started skiing.
thanks
Rob
IanF

Last Visited: 07:23
19th Apr 2018
Re: childs plastic strap on ski's, thoughts, any good?
Date Posted: 21.12hrs on Sun 20 Jan 13
I had a pair for my kids. For skiing they are useless, at best they give a feel for walking around with two planks on your feet. They are more of a toy, but my kids did have fun pretending to be skiing.
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 01.29hrs on Mon 21 Jan 13
We had ones for our kids and they are good to get them used to having skis attached and for messing around in the snow with. You would not set them loose on a real slope with them though.
IanF

Last Visited: 07:23
19th Apr 2018
Date Posted: 22.10hrs on Mon 21 Jan 13
I should add that at age 3, its more about fun than skiing anyway, so go for it. Does a good job at brainwashing too!
Peter Thorn

Last Visited: 09:17
16th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 22.06hrs on Tue 22 Jan 13
For a three year old they are great for messing & playing about in the garden. Both my daughters had fun on them before they moved on to proper skis.
allezzoomzoom

Last Visited: 19:47
10th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 21.47hrs on Wed 30 Jan 13
Father Christmas was kind enough to deliver a pair of Gipron 60s to our 15 month old. Perfect for when we have ski in / ski out conditions at home. For bigger mountains something a bit stiffer, with sharper edges and more reliable bindings will be required. I believe FC bought them at Blues. A bigger challenge for the parents was finding a pair of very small winter boots.
Pyranha

Last Visited: 16:01
17th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.24hrs on Tue 5 Feb 13
We had these for my son at 2-3. The only problem with them was that he got so excited every time he saw them that it was a struggle to put them on . . . And getting them off him meant waiting until he was too exhausted to resist! We had the ones not screwed down at the back, so he was able to move a bit like cross country. But mostly what he did was shuffle around and find a snow drift to fall into, wait to be picked up and repeat . . . I didn't do a lot of skiing that holiday, but we all enjoyed it
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: