You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Best family Ski resorts
Date Posted: 12.19hrs on Wed 6 Feb 13
Looking for a recomendation for a good family ski area. What we are looking is hotel or chalet fairly close to lifts and or ski school for the kids. Other than that the wife likes cruisy blue runs. And flying from Scotland would be a benefit. I have been looking at literally dozens of places and tying myself in knots as to where to go. I dont know very many folk that travel with kids abroad skiing so cannot get friends first hand reports. Kids are 11 and 7 and can both ski but would still be going on lessons. Looking to fly somewhere on the 30th of March.
IanF

Last Visited: 07:23
19th Apr 2018
Re: Best family Ski resorts
Date Posted: 23.20hrs on Sat 9 Feb 13
You may find the book "where to ski and snowboard" useful.
Cheap second hand on eBay (previous years copy but resorts tend not to change much.)

Mike_w

Last Visited: 06:19
12th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 08.31hrs on Wed 13 Feb 13
I'd have a look at Austria. They've had a lot of snow this year with even resorts where the base station is lower than our ones here having very good coverage. (I've found austria cheaper than france.)

Normal flights are to Salzburg & Innsbruck. (Occasionally Munich)

Only thing I cant comment on is family friendliness but there seemed to be loads of family groups when we were in Soll last week.

Mike in Edinburgh
Assorted scottish pics - www.prog99.com
Scomuir

Date Posted: 16.59hrs on Wed 13 Feb 13
Don't have family, but the time we were there, it looked like a great place to take kids - Trysil, in Norway. You can fly to Oslo, then there is a normal scheduled bus service to the resort. One of the best weeks resort skiing i've ever had: [www.scomuir.com]

naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 23.35hrs on Wed 13 Feb 13
Thanks for the tips the wife and I were going round in circles trying to find somewhere reasonably priced at fairly short notice. Lots of likely places fully booked or had rooms but not family friendly enough. We have ended up booking Austria. Going to stay in Lermoos part of the zugspitz arena. Going to cost a small fortune but all inclusive and hotel is about 100m from the gondola. Great kids facilities on and off the snow.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: