You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12345678Next
Current Page:5 of 8
Scott

Re: The TWO Slow.... Weather Thread!
Date Posted: 13.41hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
I think its crashed altogether now :-(

Im sure they will get it back up soon enough though.
weatherfan

Date Posted: 13.46hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Hey, what's going on with TWO? Tried to log on and I'm getting the HotChillie home page. Did Brian forget to pay the bill???

[%sig%]
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 13.47hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
At a guess the site has been removed from the server completely, possibly it's getting moved to a new machine, that would explain the host holding page. Brian G did say he was talking to the ISP about the server.

I'll start up a thread for Today on here in the mean time. Click the forum topics link to get back to the menu, and you can create new topics as well.

[%sig%]
sharon

Date Posted: 17.27hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
What bad news about TWO, only just got in and it's gone, apparently BG is talking to the server to see what's happening but no news as yet. [sad smiley]
rml

Date Posted: 17.32hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Hi Sharon, hopefully he's switching it over to a new dedicated server that can cope with all your posts smiling smiley

Rob.
Coventry.
90m ASL.
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 17.39hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Quote:
BG is talking to the server

Sorry that gives me an image of somebody screaming 4-letter words at their computer... lol!! tongue sticking out smiley

[%sig%]
sharon

Date Posted: 17.45hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Just spoke to Dotty and she said Andrew Bond has been in touch with BG, the server kicked TWO off for some reason, and it won't be back on till Monday at the earlist according to Andrew Bond. [:-(]
weatherfan

Date Posted: 17.52hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Poor Brian, he must be going demented. How much traffic can this site handle???

[%sig%]
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 17.53hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
I might be about to find out! lol! smiling smiley

[%sig%]
sharon

Date Posted: 17.55hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Dotty said it was nothing to do with the bandwidth, TWO has a certain amount and if it goes over they just charge by the GH or something, as far as she knows there was no reason why it was taken off, so it's just awaiting game now to see what happens and what can be done.
sharon

Date Posted: 17.56hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Lol so that's what you have then alan :-p
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 18.02hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Bandwidth isn't usually restricted, just you get charged a metered rate if you go above your quota in your hosting plan. More likely what was happening if the Host company removed the site was that the sheer volume of requests was overwhelming the server, and possibly degrading performance of other sites, that usually the only reason why a site would get suspended by an ISP.

A lot to be said for a dedicated server, but it costs more. This site averages a fraction of page views TWO would get, it's target audience being narrower, weather interests and affects everyone, maybe 10% of the UK population partcipates in Snowsports say, but bandwidth is very high on this site relative to page views because the photos of conditions are an important part of the site.

The joys of being web master, it can get stressful at times, but at other times it can be very rewarding, esp when it's something your really interested in.

[%sig%]
sharon

Date Posted: 18.09hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
So maybe Brian needs to find another server, but the thing is TWO hasn't ever had any real problems until now. Big decisions Brian's got to make now I think, poor Brian.

I'm also having problems with MSN, twice been booted off and now can't even sign in, the whole internet has cracked up. :-(
Dan Duncan

Date Posted: 18.21hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Hiya, just got back and found that TWO has gone. So i decided to come over here to see if anyone was here. So its pretty serious then. It would be great Sharon or anyone if you could ckeep us up to date with the situationsmiling smiley
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 18.24hrs on Sat 24 Jan 04
Ummm guess what??

I just posted on the TWO forums!!!! smiling smiley

[%sig%]
Goto Page:  Previous12345678Next
Current Page:5 of 8
Your Name: