You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
So who's got snow this time....
Date Posted: 00.14hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
Not here? Aberdeen is looking the part though judging by the Kings College web cam!

Will Inverness get some by morning? Well something is brewing due North of the North Coast, either a substantial trough of a polar low in the making. Already a whopper of a polar low in the middle of the North Sea, but the thing developing up north has a chance of land fall, we'll see in the morning!

[%sig%]
andy fowler

Re: So who's got snow this time....
Date Posted: 10.46hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
snow is falling very heavily here in dyce, north of aberdeen. About 4 - 6 inches deep. Kids off school today hopefully not tomorrow. Blizzard conditions as we speak!
dhorsley

Last Visited: 16:55
16th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.58hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
North of Aberdeen was pretty bad this morning. Live in Udny and drove into work at about 7.15 on the B999. Was drifting badly in places, but only on the from Aberdeen side of the road. No sign of it having been ploughed much beyond Pottereton (though the plough or a farmer had cleared from Aberdeen to Potterton) scince I went through at 930pm last night. Made the mistake of turning onto the Dyce road that goes past Parkhill Nursery. Road was reduced to a single track, not ploughed (yesterday it had been nicely poughed out by the same time. The road drops down into a stream valley and back up the other side with two tight turns. Road was blocked at this point by cars/lorries who couldn't negotiate the bends and slight hill. Me and another guy organised everyone to reverese and return to the B999, put means I was 1/2hr late.

I'm thinking of returning soon as we've had more heavy showers all morning and I'm worried it'll be drifting in the road if its not being ploughed regularly.
rockhopper

Date Posted: 14.03hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
Aberdeen's got quite a lot. Very heavy snow last night and more snow showers today. It's all melting in the strong sun though and it actually feels quite nice when it's not snowing. The cairngorm webcams don't look as good as I thought they would! Seems there is better cover here! Does anyone know the trend for the next wee while? Is it going to get spring like again?
tom Fletcher

Date Posted: 15.39hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
dumping it in Grantown 5 inches so far
telechic

Last Visited: 08:42
17th Apr 2016
Date Posted: 17.22hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
Has been dumping it in Aberdeen all afternoon smiling smiley but some has melted and earlier it seemed to be turning a bit sleety and wet.
I don't know about further inland though.

Anyone know if Braemar/Deeside/Lochnagar/Glen Shee has had much? Was thinking about touring tomorrow, but may go downhill if Glen Shee has been plastered?

Cheers!

[%sig%]
Jamie

Date Posted: 17.24hrs on Thu 26 Feb 04
There was some snow beginning to fall here just east of Inverness last night at about 9:30pm (elevation: 90m above sea level), not really built up and was melting through the day, but about an hour ago there was another big fall of snow, and it's beginning to lie now - an inch in some areas.

[%sig%]
rockhopper

Date Posted: 11.08hrs on Fri 27 Feb 04
Another big dump overnight in aberdeen. Must've been another 3inches at least. Sunny right now. If the snow hadn't been melting I bet the total measured snowfall for here would be huge! It's been great. Still, is it going to stay, or will it get milder next week and all melt as it has been doing all winter?
telechic

Last Visited: 08:42
17th Apr 2016
Date Posted: 16.33hrs on Fri 27 Feb 04
rockhopper wrote:
Still, is it going to stay, or will it
> get milder next week and all melt as it has been doing all
> winter?

Yes, that is always the question .....
rockhopper

Date Posted: 09.44hrs on Wed 3 Mar 04
Well the snow is finaly melting here in Aberdeen! Can't complain with over a week of lying snow! I see the bbc 'skiing forecast' is getting it wrong yet again saying that the West had the most snow compared to the East. Looks like getting colder at the weekend and into next week though. The rollercoaster continues.....
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: