You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Simon Andrews

mountaineering guides and climbing guides
Date Posted: 06.47hrs on Tue 23 Mar 04
Since I started climbing about 15 years ago I've been lucky enough to see many amazing things including, in one day on Caringom about 10 years ago, An inversion that created a 'fogbow' with brochan spectres and glories 3 spectural levels deep (specturms that follow the outlines of people and things). We were even able to phtograph them with point and shoot cameras. Our guide (The Principle of Glenmore Lodge), while impressed by the events was not best please with the fine weather as we were there to practice navigation in zero visibility!! That was just one day.

I've always believed a guide can provide valuable experience that provides safety in a dangerous environment. While hiring a guide of course doesnt replace training it is certainly better than throwing yourself at something and hoping for the best.

So I started a webite to help the guiding community. www.findaguide.net If you are a climbing guide or mountaineering guide please take the 10 minutes it takes to register your company/personal details and the details of your next expedition.

[%sig%]
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: