You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
torridonian

Ceilidh bands
Date Posted: 08.58hrs on Tue 6 Jul 04
Hi guys, I'm looking for a Ceilidh band to play at a friend's wedding next year (30 April 05) near Stirling. I live in London and thus am not in the best place to find Scottish bands! Does anyone know the contact details of any bands?? I looked for the Tartan Ameobas online but could nae find them, I remember them from my student days in Edinburgh. Any help appreciated. Cheers

Tam
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Ceilidh bands
Date Posted: 18.48hrs on Tue 6 Jul 04
What is the budget? I know some folk musicans who put together ad-hoc bands to meet requirements, and also have contacts for more established bands.

What are you looking for, slow old time dancing type ceilidh band, or a bunch of youngsters in what you might term "kick ass ceilidh", where hard house hasn't got a look in on the beat count! :p

[%sig%]

Post Edited (19:50 hrs on Tue 06 Jul 04)
grant bolton

Date Posted: 13.47hrs on Wed 15 Sep 04
hi.

i'm actually the keyboard player in the Tartan Ameobas.
We don't call ourselves that anymore, and its a different line-up (Fraser still fronts the band on Fiddle, Scott on guitar) but we still play frequently.
Give Fraser a call on 07909 921823

cheers, Grant

[%sig%]
oranwave

Last Visited: 21:00
24th Feb 2005
Date Posted: 16.26hrs on Mon 24 Jan 05
hi my cousin owns a company popceilidh which is based in london. the url is [www.popc.co.uk] Its actually trying to bring ceilidh dancing into london and a disco comes with it but ceilidh dances to pop music but they do the usual as well i think.

You can get in touch via the website if you want to carry on with it but the website should give you all the gab.

Rory
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: