You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
mattG

UKC refugees chat in here
Date Posted: 08.44hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Hi everyone, come and chat in here until UKC is better!
mattG

Re: UKC refugees chat in here
Date Posted: 08.47hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
This was once the best winter reports site on the web, this winter we should all post reports and resurrect it to its former glory
Stormmagnet

Date Posted: 08.51hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Do you know what happened to UKC?
mattG

Date Posted: 08.54hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
I havent got a clue, the forums wont work, you can just post 1 line topics, have you checked out ultra montanes blog, it's interesting(!)
Stormmagnet

Date Posted: 09.03hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Cannot find it now.
freerangecat

Date Posted: 09.20hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
I think we got locked out cos all the 1 line posts were making it harder to fix it!

Cat
freerangecat

Date Posted: 09.26hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Hey, they've got smilies here! I wanna stay!
Cat
mattG

Date Posted: 09.33hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Yeah, this is good, lets all stay here today (I dont work for them btw!). I've got to go and paint a room in a few minutes, nice
freerangecat

Date Posted: 09.57hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
I don't think enough people saw your message to come here though. They're probably busy trolling on ukknitting.com!

Cat
Hilda

Last Visited: 10:38
20th Nov 2006
Date Posted: 10.12hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
ukknitting.com?

Maybe I should have gone there - goodness knows what havoc Norrie might be wreaking by now!!!!
freerangecat

Date Posted: 10.28hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Something like that, maybe knittingworld.com, not sure. I'm more worried about CJD- I don't think she'll survive the day at this rate. I think national productivity's going to have gone up enormously this morning!

Cat
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 11.52hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Welcome !! Any winter climbers browsing this forum that haven't visited the site for a while please take a look through our various report servers as the UK Ice Conditions Server was completely re-written for the 2006 season, and allows you to upload any digital photos you have directly to an online album as part of a report.

In the spring we created a seperate Mountain Biking forum which has proved quite popular, partly as non snowsport things tended to get lost in the Snow and Mountain Sports forum, would anyone like to see Winterhighland re-establishing a seperate Climbing/Mountaineering forum?

Finally while there are some UKC refugees browsing in here, in the days of the White Lady Chairlift, a fair number of climbers used the chairlift to gain fast access to over the back of the 'Gorm, esp in the depths of mid-winter when daylight was short. If the Ciste Chairlifts on CairnGorm were to operate regularly (at least at weekends) would there be any demand from climbers, esp if there was an early lift say at 8am or 7.30 like with the Nevis Gondola?
mattG

Date Posted: 15.04hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Hi Alan

Yeah, there would be demand from me for an early ciste lift, this would speed access to hells lum and stag rocks, and the rest of the loch A'an basin. For the biggest routes on shelterstone etc then maybe I'd go earlier and walk but a lift would be nice!

The ice server is legendary from the late 90s/early 00s and as such is part of winter climbing for me, good one for getting it going again.
Sonj

Last Visited: 09:35
17th Dec 2007
Date Posted: 19.25hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
Hey Matt! Only caught your post on UKC just now, it's back btw!! Never even knew this site existed, will use it more come winter eh.

As for chairlift, doubt I'd use it, not early season anyway. We usually break trail and get into the corries for first light to get the pick of the routes aye. And then later on the season usually climbing elsewhere anyway.
Sonj

Last Visited: 09:35
17th Dec 2007
Date Posted: 19.28hrs on Wed 23 Aug 06
OH but would prob def use it to get down to hell's lum aye!
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: