You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
scottishguy

Last Visited: 07:58
28th Mar 2010
Silly question, but..............
Date Posted: 18.06hrs on Fri 5 Jan 07

How hard are t-bar tows to use. I am reletively new to boarding (since last year) and have used button tows, but never t-bars. Are they similar in difficulty to the buttons, or easier?

Cheers
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Silly question, but..............
Date Posted: 18.15hrs on Fri 5 Jan 07
I think most boarders find them easier than pomas, but it does seem to be a quite personal thing. If your struggling with the t-bars, make friends with the nearest decent skier who can provide moral (and physical) support on the way up! T-bars are designed for two riders, and you will always be fighting the lift to some extent on your own.
II

Last Visited: 09:22
4th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 18.22hrs on Fri 5 Jan 07
I ski and normaly ask to share a t-bar as I don't like to use them by myself.

go slide....
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
Date Posted: 18.23hrs on Fri 5 Jan 07
Staff at NeviSport Glasgow claim they have seen a skier place a T-bar between his legs, like button but not so elegant. - Dismount was not so elegant.

It's true T-bars are designed to pull pairs. - I don't know if curving the bar more ergonomically would make single users more stable.?
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 18.29hrs on Fri 5 Jan 07
I have seen (male) skier with t-bar between legs face plant on the Meall Odhar T-bar... and that lift is pretty fast! eye popping smiley

Still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about what he must have been going through!!
Barney

Last Visited: 20:36
23rd Dec 2011
Date Posted: 17.08hrs on Mon 8 Jan 07
T-Bars are easy on a board. The bar goes between your legs, so it pulls your leading leg forward. Then you put your front hand onto the rop or pole that's pulling you, and put your back arm around your partner for support. I find it easier to share with a skier, because they tend to have more control, but I'll happily share with a boarder too. If you're by yourself, just ask someone else in the queue to join you. Some places insist on pairing up for these things, especially if it's busy.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: