You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BigRed

Last Visited: 13:22
5th Mar 2010
School Holidays
Date Posted: 13.35hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
Does anyone know when the Scottish school holidays are? Just wanna make sure that the slopes are a little less crowded when I come to ski.
Thanks.

alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: School Holidays
Date Posted: 13.47hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
The next school holidays in Scotland are the Easter Holidays which for much of Scotland will be the first two weeks of April (Highland Schools break up on Fri 30th March and return on Tues 17th April).

There is a long weekend on Fri 9th Feb/Mon 12th Feb which co-incides with the start of the main week for English Half term hols.
BigRed

5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 13.56hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
Thanks Alan.

Sweet - I am hoping to be there 26th, 27th and 28th Feb so by the looks of things, as it is during the week, it should be a bit quieter.
Hopefully the snow will still be good at that time?
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 20.50hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
English mid term hols is Mon 19 - Fri 23 Feb. Expect it to be very busy for all of that week.

Sometimes different english regions use the weeks either side of this but I only have info for my area. (my week off as well!)

Paul
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 22.03hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
I did some scouring of the net for this and there seems to be a fair spread between the two weeks mentioned above for the English half term, but at a guess maybe around 2/3rds of places its 12th to 19th and about a third the week Paul has off.
BigRed

5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 22.36hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
Yeah I did some digging as well. I know that my kids are at school and, from what Alan said, most of the Scottish schools will be in school so with a bit of luck it may be a bit quieter.

Theres 5 of us in total and all work so booking the right time, with snow and not too busy is a proper mess on. Its not the lads that are causing the problems - its the wives and girlfriends . . . . (not all wives and girlfriends are as understanding as those that grace these boards!)

Hopefully I have it right . . . so far anyway.

Thanks again for your help.
Andy.
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 22.47hrs on Tue 23 Jan 07
Yeh Big Red all the English brats and mummies and daddies and us teechas will be gone by then. Hope you have a nice quiet time. I'll be stuck in the scrum. Mind you by then hopefully we have some more terrain available so I can keep out of their way.

It's a very important couple of weeks for the ski areas - with good snow cover and weather they might get to reach their break even figure for the season during this time.

It would be interesting to find out the last time that happened. You got the figures Alan?

Paul

Lud

Last Visited: 07:58
13th Apr 2009
Date Posted: 15.53hrs on Thu 25 Jan 07
My school is on half term from 9th to 18th Feb. That is when I am planning on getting back north to get out on the mountains again. I don't think all schools have a half term so it should not be too busy. Most just have a long weekend.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: