You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  1234567Next
Current Page:1 of 7
growwild

Politics and Snowsports
Date Posted: 20.49hrs on Fri 26 Jan 07
I've been wondering for a while now about this subject.....

Does anyone know wit the politicians and the respective partys think about snowsports in Scotland, or do they not care?????

SNP Rocks!
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Re: Politics and Snowsports
Date Posted: 22.08hrs on Fri 26 Jan 07
Just like mountain biking, bet they don't care about snowsports.
Too marginal, not enough votes, just not on the radar.

Outdoor sports and activities are probably the future of tourism in Scotland.
Get people to holiday here, helps the local economy hugely and reduces high altitude burning of kerosene in aluminium boxes. win-win...
Salaries for instructors and guides, food, drink, accommodation and other services. It ought to be a complete no brainer.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.04hrs on Fri 26 Jan 07
Fergus Ewing MSP (SNP MSP for Inverness East, Nairn and Lochaber) has been banging the drum on behalf of snowsports esp over VAT, and about the financial implications of the Cairngorm Estate situation on CML.

Danny Alexander has also raised the VAT issue (Lib Dem MP for the same seat minus Lochaber!).

Not sure whether eithers views reflect party policy or are they just standing up for an industry in their patch.
William

Last Visited: 08:32
12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 19.21hrs on Sat 27 Jan 07
The SNP could give me a free lift pass for life, introduce full mountain-wide snow making and upgrade all the lifts in Scotland to high speed chairs and I still wouldn't vote for the shower of bastards.
Cougar

Last Visited: 11:37
21st Mar 2008
Date Posted: 23.21hrs on Sat 27 Jan 07
As long as the MP's keep it local i will be happy. Fix the problems that effect me directly and my community and then i can worry about the rest of the world. Also would'nt it have been good if we could have voted on whether or not we could invade Iraq ?
flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.41hrs on Sat 27 Jan 07
this isnt a party based issue we need to get anyone, mp msp ep to help with finacial support to our snowsport areas
growwild

Date Posted: 12.04hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
How many signatures does a petition need afore the inbreads in charge will listen or do something, or even have a look?

And william there is no need for that language, have u a brother called harry twelve toes?, or were u just pissed aff cause yer prized maggie thatcher portrait fell aff the wall?
William

12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 12.44hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
Because I am not a SNP supporter I am a Conservative?

Yup, you carry on, the SNP needs people like you. I'll see you with your pals down in Brussels with your begging bowl.
growwild

Date Posted: 13.12hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
U gonie let me borrow yer bowl then?
TrimmTrab

Date Posted: 18.36hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
I would suggest that William is not his real name but most probably something to do with King Billy. The tone of his posts and his political alegiance suggest a Rangers fan.

The SNP are no better or worse than anyone else - you cannot trust any of them and the Tories in Scotland are an abysml joke unfortunatley. Labour are no better IMO.

I think anyone that votes the same party no matter what they propose on each election should be banned from voting - its not decmocracy.
HARLEY

Date Posted: 19.14hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
William Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because I am not a SNP supporter I am a
> Conservative?
>
> Yup, you carry on, the SNP needs people like you.
> I'll see you with your pals down in Brussels with
> your begging bowl.

A CONSERVATIVE IN SCOTLAND - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
growwild

Date Posted: 19.39hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
Hahahahahahaha!

This thread was started in good faith, maybe to get some good oot it. And now its decending intae a slanging match, with the pufter on the happy(gay) horse getting brought intae it!!!!

I know wit yer talking aboot TrimmTrabb wi the folk that vote the same party aw the time, I vote for the best for scotland whoever that is at the time, but they are aw knobs and not tae be trusted, but they should start tae listen tae us, once our beautiful country is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!lol
William

12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 19.41hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
William is my real name, and I am certainly not (politically) Conservative.

The SNP's idea of an independent Scotland is the removal of "power" from London and the transferance of that "power" to Brussels.

Carry On.
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 21.08hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
Ok, slanging match over, folks, please.

What's the problem with "Vat"?
Vat can be a thorny problem.. it's all EU legislation, over which UK politicians can have little or no say at all.
Presumably our lift passes are standard rated like everyone else in Europe so we have a level playing field.
Was there not some attempt a while ago to claim that the train at Cairngorm should be Zero rated like Scotrail..?
andrewr

Last Visited: 15:13
30th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 21.16hrs on Sun 28 Jan 07
We are the only country in the EU paying VAT on snow-sports uplift tickets.
Goto Page:  1234567Next
Current Page:1 of 7
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: