You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
boarderdownunder

Last Visited: 01:49
25th Feb 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
When drying your ski boot inners....
Date Posted: 04.42hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
...take care if you have custom moulded insoles! I had a pair of eye-wateringly expensive boots fitted in London a few weeks ago with custom insoles and foam injected liners. After a hard day's skiing I thought the liners needed drying out so put them on a heater. The next morning things didn't feel quite right when I put them back on....

Attachments: IMG_0561.jpg (195kB)  
Rabbyrob

Last Visited: 20:11
1st Mar 2018
Re: When drying your ski boot inners....
Date Posted: 11.58hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
Ouch!

I've tended to recommend that ye remove the inner boot then take the insole & put it crossways into the calf area of the boot. This way it will prop the boot open & allow air to circulate, ye won't lose either the liner or, as has happened occasionally, try to force them back into the wrong boot.
It's also a good tip if you are sharing drying space with many other people- I've seen hungover folk (well that was their excuse) try to ram snowboard inners into ski boots, vice versa not to mention the insole carnage.

Cheers fer noo

freeskiing

Last Visited: 20:49
21st Jul 2019
Date Posted: 12.04hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
What you need is a Turkey!

[www.stockshotshop.co.uk]

I kid you not these things are good. I used to hoof my liners out and fire them on the radiator when I could be bothered but now we have underfloor heating and therefore no direct heat source.

Now as soon as I get back form the hill I simply plug in the Turkey and your boots are not only dry but also fresh in the morning, a bonus I think you'll agree. Also it's not just ski boots but walking boots and other things like gloves.

I would say money well spent but I got mine as a present. It's now become another bit of essential kit.

Oh and if you're wondering why it's called a Turkey...wait till you own one and you'll see it looks just like one.

Freeskiing.co.uk

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.38hrs Sun 23 Dec 07 by freeskiing.

BigRed

Last Visited: 13:22
5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 13.50hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
Pricey but it looks and sounds like a good idea. Not just dries but freshens and kills the bacteria that produces odors. Certainly beats having "stinky" boots and a whinging wife coz you put the "stinky" boots in the airing cupboard with the clean clothes etc . . .

I also noticed the Solar Energy Torch and the Banana Guard?? Its in Useful Kit.
Click Me!!

Edited 5 times. Last edit at 14.14hrs Thu 15 Feb 07 by BigRed.

Fiona

Last Visited: 11:20
12th Apr 2016
Date Posted: 20.13hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
Having puried many bananas whilst scrambling (the Cuillin are not good for banana's) and skiing (banana + rucksack + chairlift = mess) the banana guard isn't as silly as it sounds..

BigRed

Last Visited: 13:22
5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 22.11hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
Oh no I don't mean they were silly - just unusual. I mean its never something I would have thought of.
I take bananas with me when I go biking but I just stuff them in my bike top as it has the big pockets at the back. Learned when I was young that school folders in bag + banana + school yard games = a very nasty banana smoothee in bottom of bag grinning smiley
Strange - yes. Good idea - yes.

As for the torch - I can see where they are coming from but it is just one of those age old jokes about a torch being solar powered. The first image that springs to mind is someone trying to use it at night. Obviously in reality you charge it during the day in sunlight so it can store a charge and it can then be used at night.

boarderdownunder

25th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 23.33hrs on Thu 15 Feb 07
Thanks Ben for the tip about the turkey.... I certainly felt like one....had new footbeds made in Whistler for a cool $250!

Jamie

Date Posted: 19.05hrs on Sat 22 Dec 07
I have to hand it to you, Ben.

On the back of your advice I got my hands on a turkey for a present, and to 'test it out' ( winking smiley ), I tried it on my ski boots which were consequently nice and fresh within hours, and it's presently working miracles on a pair of damp trainers from this afternoon.

Don't want to give it away, now...

Think I'll need to get another grinning smiley

Cheers dude!

surf2summit

Last Visited: 11:56
19th Aug 2009
Date Posted: 15.05hrs on Sun 23 Dec 07
Anybody know where to get one. The link above doesn't seem to stock them, and I've tried every variation using the word turkey on google I can think of.

Jamie

Date Posted: 16.32hrs on Sun 23 Dec 07
Got mine from Ellis Brigham, made by Therm-ic.

[www.ellis-brigham.com]

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 16.33hrs Sun 23 Dec 07 by Jamie.

Hipennine

Date Posted: 18.20hrs on Sun 23 Dec 07
Thanks Jamie (nb was on surf2summit's computer when asked the question)

freeskiing

Last Visited: 20:49
21st Jul 2019
Date Posted: 20.44hrs on Sun 23 Dec 07
Hey no worries Jamie! They're good eh!

The old turk keeps my booties smelling fresh, which is no mean feat, (no pun intended).

I've updated the link above but here it is again as I think it might save a few pennies. Mind you they are out of stock...such is the power of the turkey!

[www.stockshotshop.co.uk]

Happy times

Freeskiing.co.uk

motatapu

25th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 23.44hrs on Thu 27 Dec 07
Ho ho ho.... I got a turkey for Xmas....

However my ski touring boots are beyond help, so I suspect if I use the turkey on them the result will be an immense pong throughout my entire flat. I'll find out tomorrow!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: