You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BigRed

Last Visited: 13:22
5th Mar 2010
Scuppered Plans - More or Lesss sad smiley
Date Posted: 20.03hrs on Fri 23 Feb 07
[RANT] Ok so I have had this trip to Scotland organised for about 3 - 4 months now so the lads that were coming knew in advance. I had it planned for 26th, 27th & 28th Feb 2007. I have since decided that we would probably be better going on 28th through to 2nd March. I call them up and let them know of the plans. I won't go into detail but it is now safe to say that they aren't coming sad smiley
I was going to drive and they chip in for diesel also to share driving (canny trek from Middlesbrough area!). Also it may have made accomodation cheaper as some lodgings discount a room if there are more crammed in.
Safe to say that I am slightly "agitated" by the fact that my week off work will now be spent moving EVERYTHING out of our (me and the Mrs's) bedroom, stripping the walls, putting up coving, putting the new lining paper on the walls, painting it, fitting new carpet, building new wardrobes and then of course putting everything back into the room!!!! (Of course we only did this 2 years ago and it is fine but she just "fancies a change!!!" . . . *^$*^ *£^&*!!!!!)

Well she can kiss my rosy red ar5e as there is no way that I am going to spend my week off work decorating when I was supposd to be boarding.!![/RANT]

So if you see a guy at Cairngorms looking all lonely (and of course more or less clueless) on a snowboard (and picking himslf out the snow alot) - pop over and cheer me up. Hell even shouting abuse at me will be just fine smiling smiley Not sure where to stay in Aviemore as I had everything planned for Glenshee but I don't fancy spending 3 days on a nursery slope. I will have a search on Google and through the forum and see what I can find.

Oh and if anyone is on the East coast and is looking for a lift then I have space in wagon. It will be an early start however.

p.s - whats the hire boards like at the Cairngorms as I don't have board and bindings yet?
monty

Last Visited: 12:41
3rd May 2013
Re: Scuppered Plans - More or Lesss sad smiley
Date Posted: 10.48hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
me n me mate are over from northern ireland that week and we're just staying in a youth hostel, cheap and easy.
BigRed

5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 11.01hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
Do you have an address for it monty? I haven't found a place to stay yet.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations for a place to stay near to Cairngorm?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11.02hrs Sat 24 Feb 07 by BigRed.
monty

3rd May 2013
Date Posted: 11.12hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
25 Grampian Road, Aviemore, its a scottish youth hostel association hostel.
jonners

Last Visited: 17:02
7th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 11.25hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
There are a couple of cheap options in Aviemore. There is the SYHA hostel in Aviemore or there is another one nearer Cairngorm itself 'Cairngorm Lodge'. www.syha.org

But if you opt for the second option the neareast pubs are in Aviemore (7 miles) or the Glenmore Lodge so drinking isn't really an option. The one in Aviemore is close to the shops etc, and I used to work there years ago so I would recommend this option!

There is also the independent hostel in Aviemore

[www.hostel-scotland.co.uk]

monty

3rd May 2013
Date Posted: 11.33hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
well ill be up there from tomorrow on
BigRed

5th Mar 2010
Date Posted: 11.43hrs on Sat 24 Feb 07
Cheers Monty & Jonners for the info. I will be booking 2 nights - 28th & 1st. Maybe I will see you there.
Andy.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 11.45hrs Sat 24 Feb 07 by BigRed.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: