You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
G.P.C

Last Visited: 04:21
28th Jan 2009
Websites - PHP and all that stuff- Help!
Date Posted: 13.33hrs on Sun 22 Apr 07
Hi,

Is there any programmes(easy) that convert text and stuff to php, like a "what you see is what ya get kinda thing"..

I know there is sites that deal with all this, but the ones i have found a lot of folk seem to be up their own ass and are not into helping clowns

Also is there any books for php and site design that are worth an investment, nothing to hard though..

I'm also trying to intergrate our site with the forum and a shop soon, like having our links(main heading) at the top.. Can this be done without a degree?

Cheers

Paul

[www.glencoesnowpark.co.uk]

[www.myspace.com]
Jamizon

Last Visited: 13:21
3rd Nov 2023
Re: Websites - PHP and all that stuff- Help!
Date Posted: 20.14hrs on Sun 22 Apr 07
G.P.C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm also trying to intergrate our site with the
> forum and a shop soon, like having our links(main
> heading) at the top.. Can this be done without a
> degree?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>

Urmm you don't really need php to do that. Well It depends how you wanna do it. Do you know html? If you don't its a good idea to learn that before you learn php.

G.P.C

28th Jan 2009
Date Posted: 21.41hrs on Sun 22 Apr 07
It wasn't just for that its for loads of other things...

Nearly sorted now(I hope), I found a site, or an extra bit of a site I never knew was there..

No time to learn HTML, prefer to just jump in and start swimming. All ready drowned though. But I'm getting there..

Cheers

Paul

[www.myspace.com]
growwild

Date Posted: 17.18hrs on Thu 26 Apr 07
Know how ya can put youtube vids on yer site with the code thing it gives ya on some of them.. Well if i put em on a page would that take up loads of space on yer server thingy or is it youtubes space?

alan

Last Visited: 22:07
16th Apr 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 19.26hrs on Thu 26 Apr 07
Youtubes space, your just linking to a video on their server. (I think - having never done this! tongue sticking out smiley )
growwild

Date Posted: 20.41hrs on Thu 26 Apr 07
Thanks,, that gives me something tae do for another few days now...

rossy

Last Visited: 05:42
4th Mar 2015
Date Posted: 23.36hrs on Thu 26 Apr 07
This may be cheating slightly, but i done it for my first year projects at uni. If you have a look round the net and find a site whose set up you like. Go to the task bar on the browser, go to view, and select source. It'll display the HTML code for the website in notepad. Saves most of the learning process. Could also back it up with a simple html book and itll fast track the process.

Totally cheating but it got me through many a HTML project smiling smiley

As for php. ill ask some of my buddies. iv never used it and cant comment.
G.P.C

28th Jan 2009
Date Posted: 23.43hrs on Thu 26 Apr 07
Cheers..

We have been slowly getting there, one or two major disasters but I learn more when it all goes bad.. And never I thought it would be fun getting stressed and looking at code that belongs on another planet.. But It's all good..

Paul

[www.myspace.com]
Jamizon

Last Visited: 13:21
3rd Nov 2023
Date Posted: 15.58hrs on Sun 29 Apr 07
I learnt php by looking through scripts and working out what each bit did. Then i would copy and paste bits of code and make my own script. grinning smiley
growwild

Date Posted: 16.33hrs on Sun 29 Apr 07
I've sussed bits out by keeping one copy of the original file as standard, then the one thats on the server I cut bits and change colours etc to see what does what, then upload the original when I make a mess/get lost, or just cut and paste bits from it..

But the only thing is I keep forgetting what does what, but it will stick in my head the more I do it..

I keep finding "hacks" for the things(prgramme things) that do stuff I want tae do, but aint got a clue how tae get them on/working most of the time.. But its a weird kinda fun sussing something oot... I must be getting old!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: