You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page:4 of 11
II

Last Visited: 09:22
4th Aug 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Election 2007
Date Posted: 18.22hrs on Fri 4 May 07
jonners Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Union Flag is slowly lowering over
> Scotland.........

That not right... I'm British I voted SNP (at least once) and I want to remain British I just think Labour are shit.

William

Last Visited: 08:32
12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 18.33hrs on Fri 4 May 07
I think 47 seats out of 129 is hardly a ringing endorsement of the SNPs policies.

Are the SNP seriously going to run a minority government? How will Salmond possibly stop the other parties forming a coalition and frustrating him at every turn? The man is a terminal fool, and the next four years may be just what Scotland needs to realize that.
William

12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 18.36hrs on Fri 4 May 07
Lib Dem leader Sir Menzies Campbell, asked on Thursday morning if he would consider forming a coalition with the SNP if they insisted on holding a referendum on independence, said: "Absolutely not ... We are against independence, that's our position and it ain't going to change."

Personally, I think a governing SNP would do wonders for the Unionist movement.

Every failure of a Lib Dem/Labour coalition would be pounced upon by the SNP as yet more British failures. He can ask for the impossible, knowing it is impossible, and then blame the British for bad governance. He can promise the world and never have to deliver. (exactly as the Lib Dems do in Westminster)

In power he will have to deliver. He has made some mighty promises, and played to the emotions of Independent Scots. Let's see what he can do.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.41hrs Fri 4 May 07 by William.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 18.48hrs on Fri 4 May 07
Quote:
jonners Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Union Flag is slowly lowering over
> Scotland.........

It could well be so, but I can see it being Gordon Brown doing more lowering than Alex Salmond.

growwild

Date Posted: 18.57hrs on Fri 4 May 07
Who won? wit wis the score? tongue sticking out smiley

Sir(of england) Shaky Cambell said that on Thursday morning. Dae ya honestly think these numpties urnae gonie sign up wi the new boss of bosses? They want tae be heard also..

This has been the best thing tae happen tae Scotland in 300 years.. The people want a change, now the only thing that is gonie mess it up are labour and these union wanting parties with their bullshit and bad attitude that was evident right up tae the elections..

Now we should be focusing on getting a fair deal for Scotland and we are in a very good position tae do that, and after the people see the change and good for Scotland cause the winners are intersted in Scotland and are not some puppet arseholes controlled by a foreign country..

The People are in power now, and this counrty is on the up...

EDIT: I do wonder what SIR(of SCOTLAND) William Wallace would be thinking about this historic day for Scotland.. His energy still flows through Mighty Scotland, though it has been suppressed well for many years by those tyrants by rape/murder, robbing and blackmail including bribery to say the least, but now the energy is flowing once agin and getting stronger... FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM! CHINK, ChONK, Crunch, that was my Claymore eating up a brit tank!!!!!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 19.11hrs Fri 4 May 07 by growwild.
Jamizon

Last Visited: 13:21
3rd Nov 2023
Date Posted: 19.06hrs on Fri 4 May 07
hahaha yeyeyey [youtube.com]
growwild

Date Posted: 19.26hrs on Fri 4 May 07
Nice one! I think this one might go along with whats happening to [youtube.com]
William

12th Apr 2008
Date Posted: 20.06hrs on Fri 4 May 07
don't start that Braveheart rubbish - I've had it all day at work!

(Mel Gibson should be hung, drawn and quartered for the butchering of our history)

Just what Scotland needs: MORE education apartheid
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.16hrs Fri 4 May 07 by William.
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 20.28hrs on Fri 4 May 07
Nice one GW.
That Braveheart link was just what I was needing after a shit day working for the man. Especialy as I work for central government...

One step closer to freedom.

And tomorrow I will be up a big mountain with me bike.
growwild

Date Posted: 21.06hrs on Fri 4 May 07
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA, JUST ONE CHANCE!

I wonder if that film had anything tae do with a change in the view of some bonnie Scots feelings tae such a parcel or rouges and the foreigh rule our sweet wee country has suffered from at the time of its release..

Frreeeeeedom, kick yer fellow workers all over the place William and come back tae Scotland and a new Scotland at that, one with the people in power, power tae the people, a say power tae the people!!!
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 20.30hrs on Sun 6 May 07
Div ye no ken that both SNP (Salmond liNe me Pocket party) and the Fliberals are in favour of a local income tax of 4%. Wit's yer cooncil tax the noo and wit's the extra 4%, ah ken ahll be worse aff. Ah voted tory and he beat the lib, which is most unusual in oor area. Been lib for umpteen years, rise again the mighty blues!!!!!!!! In more ways than wan, get it right up ye GW. Ye're gonna tell me now they rolled ower to let gers get intae europe. Mind you they are closer to europe than AS will get he he he.
growwild

Date Posted: 20.42hrs on Sun 6 May 07
Tory!!

How can ya vote tory and write like that, sasanach I say!!!!

I heard the SNP will look after the farmers of this world, but if a voted brit then they will not help..
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 23.46hrs on Sun 6 May 07
Earlier Tavish Scott said no way to Labour, now the Lib Dems have said no to the SNP. Are we going to have the unedifying spectacle of a Labour First Minister on hands and knees begging the Tories to save 'the best wee numpty in the world'?
gregor

Date Posted: 15.17hrs on Mon 7 May 07
I think a minority government could be interesting. As William points out, it will be interesting to see the SNP in a relative position of power, rather than sniping from the sidelines. Put their money where their mouth is, so to speak but with the safety leash of a concerted group of MSPs who'll be able to vote out any foolish policy changes.

Plus, only 38% on the electorate (well, those who could be bothered to vote) are interested in the issue of a referendum on independance. I think, once again, the SNP have failed miserably to capitalise on such a swing of opinion. The Tories are dead in the water in this country outside of rural areas, nobody likes Labour at the moment as they've been in power far too long, the LibDems were guilty by association and - yet - the SNP cannae get majority control.

I'd like to see - if she remains well enough - Margo MacDonald put forward as candidate for First Minister. Would be mud in the eye for that gobs***e Salmond after he stabbed her husband in the back all those years ago, back when the SNP were a fairly radical party.
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Date Posted: 18.39hrs on Mon 7 May 07
SNP look after the fermers, dinnae mek me laugh. the only fowk they'll look efter is them selves. We were well enough loked efter by the last lot. Now instead of handouts why do the rest o ye no pay a proper price for yer grub. If I could get good returns from a fair market price I wouldnae need ony politicians.
Current Page:4 of 11
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: