You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WebCT_Guru

Last Visited: 14:32
21st Jan 2019
Aviemore Area - Camping
Date Posted: 14.41hrs on Mon 30 Apr 07
It appears the campsite at Glenmore has increased its prices from last year where a £35 for a premium/EHU pitch for a 3 night stay (tent with 1 adult and 2 kids) has now become something like £45-£60.

Therefore, I have to way up other options. Can anyone recommend a good Aviemore (or nearby) campsite which isn't too near a busy noisey road, clean showers and toilets, friendly staff etc

I like the Glenmore site as it had everything eventhough the pitch terrain wasn't ideal - watersports, good biking terrain, bike hire and cafes on site, scenery etc

I have read mixed reviews of alternatives on other fora, but it would be good to pick up some information from "locals" or other regular visitors.

YHA or Badaguish(if I can pass myself of as a "group") might be potential options.
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Re: Aviemore Area - Camping
Date Posted: 16.03hrs on Mon 30 Apr 07
Try the Dalraddy Holiday park.

It's 3 miles S of Aviemore on the old A9. They've just improved the tent field.
We have a timber lodge there it's very quiet and still also very close to everything. Short walk along the R Spey to Kincraig and Loch Insh some good bike/walking/running trails in the nearby woods and along the river. Some used by the organised quad bike treks. 20 mins to cas car park (traffic lights permitting!).

Paul
WebCT_Guru

Last Visited: 14:32
21st Jan 2019
Date Posted: 11.08hrs on Tue 15 May 07
Sounds good...do you do "baby sitting"? smiling smiley

I'll check out their web site.
Binky

Date Posted: 13.05hrs on Tue 15 May 07
Hi are you having us on 35 quid for camping omg thats like stealing, just shows you how out of it you get when you go wild camping and to bothies all the time.I look in on this site all the time just to keep in touch with whats going on with the ski resorts, its a real shame Glen Shee is the way it is but the Skiing in my favorate place in the world White Corres looked fantastic this yr, might even encourage me to get the boards out again, gave up skiing and racing due to long waits in tow qs may yrs back, at that time eg the White Lady or Cas could take a 90 min wait.Much better to ski the wild places, living now in the borders is making me think of fantastic touring on steep rolling hills, anyone here ever skied Tinto its got some fantastic routes given the right conditions same for the lead Hills just wonder if any of the boarders here have tried it.

regards and keep up the good work

kevin
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 13.52hrs on Thu 17 May 07
WebCT_Guru Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds good...do you do "baby sitting"?
>
> I'll check out their web site.
>
> WebCT (Web-cee-tee) Guru

PM me if you decide to stay at Dalraddy with dates and I'll take you around the mb trails I use. As for baby sitting remember I'm a teacher and stay away from kids whenever I can! winking smiley

Paul

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: