You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Self Catering in the Glorious North
Date Posted: 18.57hrs on Sat 29 Sep 07
Anyone know of good self catering places for over the New Year preferably near a slope so I can get some turns in. Also need lots of walks, good pubs in the area etc etc. Probably for up to 6 people and dogs.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.58hrs Sat 29 Sep 07 by Snowborders.
pfairbrother

Last Visited: 12:11
27th Nov 2017
What's this?What's this?
Re: Self Catering in the Glorious North
Date Posted: 19.32hrs on Sat 29 Sep 07
Try Silverglades in Aviemore. I've stayed at one of their 6 person self catering houses (with sauna!). Massive kitchen and living area with log burning stove. Silverglades use the houses in the Dalnabay area to the N end of Aviemore. 3 mins walk to the pubs and takeaways.

Also the Clachaig in Glencoe do some great cabins and chalets but a bit pricier.

Paul
paisleyboarder

Last Visited: 19:44
15th Feb 2018
Date Posted: 19.57hrs on Sat 29 Sep 07
Is that the ones at Dalfaber that used to be owned by Quality Street Villas, stayed in them a couple of times round about 96 & 98, sitting in the sauna having a cold beer after a day riding.
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 22.37hrs on Sat 29 Sep 07
I'd go for anywhere in Aviemore or Fort William. Near snow slopes, walking country and pubs (probably a cracking new years location too). Both have plenty of accomodation (have a look at the tourist board website [www.visitscotland.com] for accomodation. I'm a west coast guy so my preference would be fort william but most of the guys on here seem to be aviemore fans!

Chris
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: