You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Hiring skiing gear
Date Posted: 19.04hrs on Wed 19 Dec 07
We are heading out to Finland at the beginning of February and my wife is going to try and learn to ski. However she doesn't have any kit at all and we were wondering if it is possible to hire jackets/salopettes/gloves/goggles etc etc?
Also has anyone been to Levi in Finland? Any tips on what to do?
Hopefully someone out there can help.
Failing that we could always splurge at TKMaxx.
gregor

Re: Hiring skiing gear
Date Posted: 10.42hrs on Thu 20 Dec 07
Hi mate,

Just came back from Levi last week. You'll find absolutely everything you need at "Zero Point". It's a new building just at the bottom of Lift N (6 man chair), just short hop from the Intersport shop. It's a great place - massive stock. I assume you're going through Inghams?

Piste map is here:

[www.levi.fi]

Rest of the Levi site is here: [www.levi.fi]

I'll dig out the price list for hire if you're interested. One cool thing I noticed is that you are allowed to swap your kit (i.e. downhill skis for snowboard, or snowboard for cross country) within the cost of the hire so it might be a better option. The kit from Zero Point is graded intermediate, but it all looked decent enough. If you want expert kit then you have to go round to the Gondola entrance (three minutes on the ski bus) at the foot of G2.

Sadly, I think you missed out on Lidl's annual ski / snowboard kit bonanza last month. Helmets for 7.99 ; boarding pants for 19.99 and jackets for 29.99. Socks for 4.99. Fleeces and gloves and thermals as well. As you say, failing that, try TkMaxx.

Edit - the decathlon store is worth a look as well. Closet for you would be Stockport.

Give me a shout if you want any specific info. Circumstances meant we only had one day on the slopes, but I felt it was a great place for beginners ... and for intermediates to get more confident in their turns. And G2 under the floodlights is amazing smiling smiley

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13.07hrs Thu 20 Dec 07 by gregor.
Snowborders

Last Visited: 20:34
24th Feb 2013
Re: Hiring skiing gear
Date Posted: 18.02hrs on Mon 24 Dec 07
Yeah going with Inghams on the 3rd of February, it sounds fine for me I am disticntly intermediate and wife is just a beginner.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: