You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lionel

Last Visited: 01:15
26th Nov 2017
2007 review
Date Posted: 22.29hrs on Tue 1 Jan 08
As we have just stepped into 2008, what is your best and your worst skiing, ski-mountaineering, snowboarding or mountain biking memory of 2007 ?

My best memory is the 12 month ski-mountaineering experience from November 2006 to November 2007 in the Portes du Soleil area, very close to my place because the year before, for the winter 2005 - 2006, I was stuck in bed for nearly six months because of damaged disks, a nightmare !! So it was good to catch up some skiing in 2006-07.

What about yours ?
motatapu

Last Visited: 01:49
25th Feb 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: 2007 review
Date Posted: 00.58hrs on Wed 2 Jan 08
Good thread idea Lionel! I put something on a similar line up on HI at the end of last season on [www.highland-instinct.co.uk]

Best ski mountaineering memory: skiing Summit Gully on Aonach Mor with Jamie and Chris (even if we didn't quite get round to the CMD on the same day).
Worst skiing memory: a very painful landing at Tignes a few weeks ago when I tried (yet again!) to spin a 360..... surely they can't be that hard?!

Best mountain biking memory: the 65km race course at the Outsider festival.
Worst mountain biking memory: last year's Strathpuffer. Never, ever again.

Mike
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 09.28hrs on Thu 3 Jan 08
Best ski mountaineering memory: Friday 21st December with Helen on Cairngorm and Cairn Lochan. That was the clearest visibility I've ever seen and a truly great day out. Who cares if the snow wasn't perfect, it was the experience which counted.
Worst: none. It's all good.

Best biking memory: Blair Atholl- Glen Feshie via Minigaig pass and Laothaid an Taobhain, then over the Geldie to Red Rock cottage, then through into the Tilt and return. Over 90km and about 1800m or so with Dan Darwood in a day.

Worst: As above. Have you ever ridden with that guy? I'm not convinced he's human...

Quite enjoyed the Outsider too. And then there was the day we did Cairn Toul and Braeriach on the way from Braemar to Aviemore.
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.47hrs on Thu 3 Jan 08
Best

Nevis Range in January last year,

Wasn't a great day and the snow wasn't fantastic but there were onyl about ten other people on Anoch Mor that Thursday.

Worst

Glencoe the next day.

After a pub crawl around Fort William after the day at Nevis I could ahrdly stand up no matter board around Glencoe on a wet and windy friday. Snow was in better nick than Nevis Range but I was alot worse for wear!
JC

Last Visited: 12:22
27th Feb 2024
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 22.25hrs on Sat 19 Jan 08
Best - Either skiing Summit Gully after Nevis range had closed for the season or skiing at Matterhorn Glacier late June.
Worst - Bad collision with a skier on the Serpentine run at Flaine.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: