You are NOT Logged in.
Meet up and have a chat about anything, just about. Pop in and get the craic...
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
growwild

What makes ya happy?
Date Posted: 02.08hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Seeing as whe are aw a right happy bunch here and we have a few threads for grumps I thought it would be good tae try and balance the "karma" and hear wit makes everyone happy, it could be anything just aslong is it makes you happy(no nazis pls) smiling smiley and brings great joy or love or even both to you or others, just spread the love!!!

Doing something tae benefit others makes me happy and content, "no hope -no glory". Hopes for dreamers and glory is selfish.. And I love "Big Elvis's" Cookies smiling smiley (i need tae know more smilies)

So what makes you happy??

peace!

remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Re: What makes ya happy?
Date Posted: 09.31hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
great idea!

apart (obviously) from snow, i'll go for sitting up the hills (summer or winter) or on the beach with a good crew and a BBQ, good tunes of all descriptions and settling down for a smoke and bottle of wine. ideally all of the above at once!

oh, and last but not least, finally having a halfway sensible dude in the white house smiling smiley
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 10.44hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Warm midge free summers and cold snowy winters, Chilling out with a beer and good friends. Taking the motorbike out for a good run always brings a smile to my face.
Boydfest

Last Visited: 08:58
10th Nov 2015
Date Posted: 11.12hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
yeah, up the hills on a lovely day looking out over the world, and just thinking how beautiful everything is. who cares how it got here, its here and its gorgeous.. then down to a bunkhouse with a fire, and a load of mates, few bevvies and a good old fashioned session.. that and not taking it all too seriously..
moffatross

Date Posted: 11.16hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Loads of stuff and apart from being up a hill anytime (I'm just about to go out for a run that will take me to 2,500 feet), I enjoy a few days with friends at music festivals 2 or 3 times a year. This summer was in some fields at the very chilled Latitude in Suffolk [2008.latitudefestival.co.uk] and am going to ATP at a holiday camp in Somerset [www.atpfestival.com] next month which will be brilliant as I love the Butthole Surfers and the Melvins and have always wanted to see Lydia Lunch.
Hipennine

Date Posted: 12.03hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Single cask Springbank
Boydfest

10th Nov 2015
Date Posted: 12.12hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
good genuine people to talk to
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.25hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08

I like to see people (young & old) making the most of themselves, making progress in whatever work/pastime they're working on. - I like to see honest effort & independant thinking rewarded. (Probably why I dislike the worship of celebrity, and folk who are only "famous for being famous")

For me, I enjoy all high & remote places, especially on a long day out...whether on foot, ski or bike. - There is nothing like a long hilly day out in summer or winter, away from human interaction, to clear the head & mind.
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.47hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Hipennie I'm impressed by your good taste.

Not that many people know about springbank but I have to say it is my favourite.

I haven't opened my bottle in a while, might need to get it open tonight!
Boydfest

10th Nov 2015
Date Posted: 12.53hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
More of a Bushmills fan myself.. but then i'm from NI, so am biast toward the irish tipple..
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 15.37hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
12 y.o. BenRiach.
It's got everything you need in a good malt and doesn't cost the earth.
Plus, it's privately owned, so you're supporting the little guy in a risky venture and the barley is grown and malted in this fair land.
Local jobs for local folks.

Plus riding my bike with my buddies.
Preferably up a big hill.
tc

Last Visited: 15:24
2nd Feb 2014
Date Posted: 17.07hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
i like to live life to the full to sit out in the summer with good mates and a beer or 2 with the b b q on. We had about 40 to 50 this year i have a covered b b q area with heating .We did b b q 2 years ago in nevis car park that was good in feb
growwild

Date Posted: 18.04hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Looking up at the sky on a good clear night in amazement and thinking and asking lots of "why's" and "how's" helped along by the great outdoor Scottish purple tree of knowledge smiling smiley

BarryFolan

Last Visited: 13:07
4th Jan 2012
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 18.08hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
Brandy & Baileys together on ice mmmmmmm Mother's Milk we call it back in God's country!

playing with silly dugs (no jokes please winking smiley)

looking out my bedroom window in the mornings up at the Cairngorms

nutella on toast

just pottering about with her indoors on days off

trips to Glencoe for walks, skis and pints in the Clachaig

dinner in The Crannog in fort william

reunions in Ireland

a good moan about CML winking smiley

and many many more - all in all not a bad life thumbs up

Barry

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.09hrs Wed 5 Nov 08 by BarryFolan.
paisleyboarder

Last Visited: 19:44
15th Feb 2018
Date Posted: 18.16hrs on Wed 5 Nov 08
apart from waiting for winter to arrive, listening to good tunes in the car or on my ipod, summer holidays just chillin by the pool or beach, having some cold beers and not giving a shit that it's 10am and i'm having a can of bud with my toast and it's scorching outside, also have great fun watching our 2 cats playing around the house and finding them sleeping in the strangest places.
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: