You are NOT Logged in.
Review gear, sell gear, buy gear... use this forum to buy/sell equipment.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
SnowmanDave

Last Visited: 12:36
3rd Mar 2021
**NOW SOLD**Scarpa T2 Eco Telemark boots, size 29 Mondo (also size 28.5 Mondo)
Date Posted: 12.23hrs on Thu 9 Mar 17
Please note that the pictures are as attachments at the bottom of this post!

These are the “eco friendly manufactured”, “Kermit” green & silver boots made using Pebax “RNew” which were first released for the 09/10 winter. These were purchased in October 2010,

They are a size 29 Mondo (UK 10 approx.) Scarpa use the outer shell of these boots for the 28.5 Mondo size. The only difference between the 28.5 & 29.0 Mondo size is the footbed, & inner boot volume of foam. Ideally, your bare foot length should be between 284mm to 293mm.

Total weight of each boot is 1.94kg (2.88kg the pair)

USAGE:-
They have only been used in 7tm Power Tour STI bindings. These are under foot cable, & do not require 3 pins. This is why I filled the pin holes with glue to seal them up. The glue can be easily removed if required. These bindings do not damage boots as much as others either!

Scotland on piste & touring.
11 off piste/tour days & about 8 on piste days. First used late December 2010, & last used on the 10th March 2016, basically six seasons occasional use.

After each use I always remove the inner boots from the shell, & the footbeds from the inner boots & stuffed the inner boots with newspaper. They get properly dried out & stored long term in the original box in a spare room wardrobe.

I'm below 78kg with rucsac, so not "heavy" on the boots.

CONDITION:-
Very good, considering telemarking & touring in Scotland ruins equipment! The outer boots have general scuffs etc as per normal, but no through holes in the bellows or anywhere else. The soles are in very good condition with no separation from boot. All buckles, ski/walk mech. etc. work. The bellows are still very stiff (like new) & have not "collapsed". The Intuition Liners have only been heat moulded once, & the stitching is complete.

I have a shallow instep & I made some removable vinyl inserts to fit between the inner & outer boots to reduce the volume, basically taking it down to a 28.5 mondo size.
I have modified the cant adjust screw setup. Scarpa had problems with this on the T2, I managed to fix this & make the pivot move easier!
I also modified the Velcro strap as there was too much of the Velcro “hook” (another problem) so removed & used black adhesive heat shrink over the strap.
I have also placed black “gaffer” tape on the high wear areas on the inner boots. I do this with my boots after first use to prevent long term wear on the inner boot fabric. I removed most of it, but left the two pieces on the edge of the foot. This is a high wear area, not worn through to foam, so still ok.

Loads of life left in these boots.

These were around the £400 mark new, with the current version (mainly colour change) the same price. Cheapest online price I have seen for the current version is around the £360 mark.

Asking for £180 O.N.O.

Cash or PayPal.

Buyer collects, or I can meet up in Aviemore/Inverness, or insured & tracked P&P for £16 (UK as defined by Post Office) Eire & other addresses at extra cost.

---That was not a fall, I intended to do that!---

Edited 6 times. Last edit at 21.41hrs Wed 5 Apr 17 by SnowmanDave.

Attachments: Ski-boots-no1.jpg (941kB)  
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Re: Scarpa T2 Eco Telemark boots, size 29 Mondo (also size 28.5 Mondo)
Date Posted: 12.35hrs on Thu 16 Mar 17
Not needed now

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 21.40hrs Wed 5 Apr 17 by SnowmanDave.

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Re: Scarpa T2 Eco Telemark boots, size 29 Mondo (also size 28.5 Mondo)
Date Posted: 21.38hrs on Wed 5 Apr 17
NOW SOLD!!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: