You are NOT Logged in.
Review gear, sell gear, buy gear... use this forum to buy/sell equipment.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
carsey

Last Visited: 18:00
12th Apr 2021
Nordica ADV 10 Binding Forward Pressure
Date Posted: 21.56hrs on Fri 16 Feb 18
Hi all.

I have a set of Nordica Transfire RTX skis with Nordica ADV 10 bindings as per this link: [www.zampolinisport.it].

I have a pair of Salomon X-Pro 80 boots with a sole length of 326mm.

I have set my adjustable bindings up so the boot clips in, but im a bit mis-understood on the forward pressure marker on the rear binding. My bindings go up in scales of 5mm according to the scale on the bindings and the infomation I managed to find from a tech manual. [d3swkta9jjxguv.cloudfront.net] Page 96 for reference. Which states:

CHECK FORWARD PRESSURE:
Place the ski boot into the binding, close the binding. (9.1 - 18)
Correct forward pressure:
With the boot in the system the forward pressure is correct
when any portion of the white scribe mark on the forward pressure
indicator is flush with the back edge of the heel housing.
(9.1 - 19).
If the forward pressure is incorrect: remove the ski boot and
readjust the boot sole length until the forward pressure is correct.

Ive done this and tried with the 325mm (white setting) boot length as pictured below:

I tried with the 330mm (red setting) and got the marker pushed further out the binding as shown below:

Now I know this is safety critical but im not 100% sure on how it should be positioned as no 'white marks' as per that infomation booklet above, (unless its the raised lines on the rail)

Part of me says the 325mm fitting is right with the lines level with the rear of the binding (without the round pole sticking out) but wanted clarification before I go out skiing.

Chris
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: