You are NOT Logged in.
Review gear, sell gear, buy gear... use this forum to buy/sell equipment.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bond

Last Visited: 16:56
25th Jul 2006
Anyone know goggles that don't fog
Date Posted: 21.56hrs on Fri 2 Dec 05
Problem is that because I'm a sweaty pig my goggles keep misting up. I've tried double lens goggles, special waxes and even a headband.

Has anyone any suggestions for some really good goggles that don't mist?

Thanks

AB
Alpine_Skier_UK

Last Visited: 04:09
15th Dec 2012
Re: Anyone know goggles that don't fog
Date Posted: 23.00hrs on Fri 2 Dec 05
Smith Turbo Cam's are the best goggle in the world for this.

I wear glasses under the goggles, and i too had tried everything going to stop the fogging glasses/goggles. I must have spent hundreds of pounds getting it right. It was last year i bought a pair of these and they work brilliantly.

They are not cheap, mine were £150.00 from Snow And Rock. No British shop are doing them this year, or none that i have found, but they are still available abroad.

A lot of the very early models didnt last long, the fans burnt out, and therefore people have shyed away from them, but they uprated the fans a few years ago and i have used mine for over 2 months on snow, and twice a week, every week at a snow dome, and mine are still working fine.

I assure you these will do the trick.

Regards,
Andy
Dry Slope Ski Directory
Bond

25th Jul 2006
Date Posted: 11.32hrs on Sun 4 Dec 05
Thanks Andy

I'll have a look at these: I'd heard of 'fan' goggles but never seen them.

Cheers

Andrew
awaytouring

Last Visited: 16:06
25th Jan 2020
Date Posted: 16.46hrs on Sun 4 Dec 05
If they keep misting over it might be because you are a sweaty pig (your words not mine.....) but often if you take your goggles off or move them after a run/going up a lift etc it lets cold air in which will mist up upon touching the hot air from your face. Try skiing without taking them off from the start - if that doesn't work then you may have to spend some big cash!
Bond

25th Jul 2006
Date Posted: 22.49hrs on Wed 14 Dec 05
OK well I trawled the reviews and Andy's suggestion came out on top, so have ordered a pair. Will let you know once I've tried them.

Thanks for the input from Awaytouring. I do sometimes take them off, but have also tried to do so as little as possible. At least now I don't wear glasses there's one less layer to fog

Thanks again

Andrew
Alpine_Skier_UK

Last Visited: 04:09
15th Dec 2012
Date Posted: 08.18hrs on Fri 16 Dec 05
Bond....

You made a good purchase... all i would say is look after them. They are very expensive for a goggle.

You must keep them on your face, for reason already mentioned. Dont worry you wont feel uncomfortable, they are constantly puling in cool air so you wont overheat!!

One more thing.... Always carry a spare set of batterys with you..... 1 set will easily last 2 or 3 days, but sods law says that the batterys will run out half way through the day!!!!

I hope they meet with your requirements..... they do for me!!

Regards,
Andy
Dry Slope Ski Directory
gregh

Last Visited: 14:11
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.23hrs on Wed 21 Dec 05
where did you get them from? I struggle with goggles misting up, esp since I added a helmet.
Bond

25th Jul 2006
Date Posted: 17.54hrs on Wed 21 Dec 05
I bought them from ebay, from the usa. I just picked them up this afternoon and they are brand new in all packaging etc. The battery pack is tiny too.

Am off to Tignes in a few eeeks so will post a review on my return

Andrew
Dougs

Date Posted: 01.08hrs on Tue 10 Jan 06
Any goggles that have a double lens should work, although they may still fog.

Any googles that have an "anti-fog" coating will work for as long as it takes for the coating to come off, which wont be long if you sweat.

double lens googles don't need to be expensive either.. just look around a bit. I have some good blizzard googles that were about 10 euro! Brought in praha though.
nogin r

Date Posted: 16.00hrs on Fri 17 Mar 06

wipe fairy liquid on inside of goggles works a treat
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: