You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
roga

The First Ski Tow in Britain article - Glencoe 1955
Date Posted: 21.20hrs on Fri 5 Nov 10
Here's on article I spotted on eBay, it's being sold for the 'bargain' buy it now price of £6.14+£1.84 postage, wow and that's for a single page clipped from a magazine!

Anyway, not being tempted by this veritable bargain basement price I decided to have a closer look because it's a pretty interesting piece and has some great photos of the then new tow. Thankfully the photo was large enough to just read the text so what I've done is recreate a facsimile o the original (also below) for download.

Hopefully it's of interest to someone and who knows someone might come along wanting to buy the original, you'll get better copies of the photos which I'm guessing are rare but the price eye rolling smiley

Anyway, both files are PDFs and around 120kb so are a reasonably small download, enjoy:

First Ski Tow in Britain Original

First Ski Tow in Britain Facsimile

Interesting huh? grinning smiley

Oh and BTW the original is here, you've got 20d 19h 45m (as I write on the 5th November 2010) to save up your pennies!
damienkris66

Last Visited: 15:45
19th Jan 2011
Re: The First Ski Tow in Britain article - Glencoe 1955
Date Posted: 15.38hrs on Wed 19 Jan 11
It is quite interesting for a ski buff but I guess there are better things to spend the £6.14+£1.84 for... ski gears..

Enjoy the best SKI and snowboard experience. Look out for new and exciting tools and features that will surely give you a one of kind experience.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: