Warning: include(/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/jet/var/pear/php:${prefix}/share/php') in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71
You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Official British Ski Instructional Film
Posted by: roga who has made 1123 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 14.57hrs on Tue 15 Mar 11

Here's an interesting archive film that I spotted on another forum and on Facebook where it has sparked some interest, hopefully it is of some interest to members here too.

It was apparently made by BASI back in May 1976 and is titled "The Official British Ski Instructional Film":

[www.youtube.com]

Interesting to see how much snow was around on the hill at the time and also, of course, to see the way instructors were trained at the time and how they were expected to ski and demonstrate!

Re: The Official British Ski Instructional Film
Posted by: daveski who has made 1506 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 11.18hrs on Sat 19 Mar 11

That was a blast from the past, thanks for posting really enjoyed it

Posted by: daveski who has made 1506 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 11.19hrs on Sat 19 Mar 11

That was a blast from the past, thanks for posting really enjoyed it

Posted by: matchstick1 who has made 98 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 12.47hrs on Sat 9 Jul 11

Love it, totally hilarious grinning smiley

Posted by: imikanwar who has made 1 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 07.29hrs on Wed 20 Nov 13

Sorting through some old photo prints I found these from a holiday trip in the Highlands which I guess must have been around 1990. It was a long time before I started skiing so didn't take much notice of the infrastructure around me but it's curious how much has changed and how much hasn't.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: