You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Freeheel

Last Visited: 12:20
22nd Dec 2016
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Nevis Range video clips from the 90's
Date Posted: 20.41hrs on Sat 8 Feb 14
Some skiing clips from Nevis Range extracted from a tourist type video. Looks like April unless spring was early, though snow in some frames is more alluring. I sense it was busier then with the new resort halo effect perhaps still lingering.

[youtu.be]

Interesting attire and pre Braveheart, though the one constant is some dreich weather!

If I get time I might put the whole thing up which includes climbing on The Ben and some tourist stuff.

Freeheel
moffatross

Re: Nevis Range video clips from the 90's
Date Posted: 21.25hrs on Sat 8 Feb 14
Thanks for that. smiling smiley I'd love to see the other parts of the video if you get the chance to upload them. Just shared this one at snowheads anyway as the Scottish scene is getting a bit of an airing over there just now.

You say before Braveheart but curious as to what the dark object is that we can see in the background behind the skier from about 2m:05s, approximately where the Braveheart top station is now.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21.35hrs Sat 8 Feb 14 by moffatross.
Freeheel

Last Visited: 12:20
22nd Dec 2016
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Nevis Range video clips from the 90's
Date Posted: 21.41hrs on Sun 2 Nov 14
OK that's it up [youtu.be] , skiing quite a small part of it really.

I had a look at the dark object but must be rock or snowboarders hanging out I think as Braveheart didn't go up until 1997? while this video was 1993 according to the credits, assuming I'm reading the Roman numerals right that is!

Cheers

Freeheel

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 19.39hrs Sat 8 Nov 14 by Freeheel.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: