Warning: include(/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/jet/var/pear/php:${prefix}/share/php') in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71
You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12345678Next
Current Page:7 of 8
Re: Our history.....
Posted by: harley who has made 202 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 20.14hrs on Sat 10 Apr 10

harley Wrote:
Harley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SKI INSTRUCTOR CALL DAVID
> DALRIMPYLE- WORKED IN CAIRNGORMS BACK IN THE LATE
> 60S EARLY 70S?

Posted by: DavidElliott who has made 28 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 20.20hrs on Sat 10 Apr 10

He is not mentioned in Frith Finlayson's autobiography but the name rings a bell, I was last there in 1965. Could have been Cairngorm or Glenshee.

Guess you folks have a reasonable season!

Regards all
David

Posted by: harley who has made 202 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 20.24hrs on Tue 25 May 10

Thanks for that - He was by far one of the best skiers i have seen!

Posted by: allezzoomzoom who has made 18 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 21.49hrs on Mon 6 Dec 10

cmorrison Wrote:
This thread fascinates me.

Anyone got any other info/photos of the ill-fated Mar Lodge development.

Surely there must be mroe information from the early days than the few handfulls of photos we have on this forum!

I found this drawing of the Mar Lodge in a Ski Club of Scotland journal from 66-67 at the weekend. Its a while since you posted, but thought it would be of interest.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21.54hrs Mon 6 Dec 10 by allezzoomzoom.

Attachments: mar lodge.jpg (636kB)  
Posted by: BarryFolan who has made 909 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 21.40hrs on Sat 11 Dec 10

I was in Waterstones in Aviemore today and they have Frith Finlayson's book on sale again, great read, would make a nice stocking filler

Posted by: DavidElliott who has made 28 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 22.50hrs on Sat 11 Dec 10

Anyone interested in the early history of skiing in Scotland. Frith was an early member of it,his book is a good read. Though he upset some with his bluntness!

David Elliott

Posted by: mikim who has made 4 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 09.58hrs on Sat 12 Feb 11

Hi,

found this page searcning. Interesting and I'll read it carefully regarding the old days. Give Derk my best regards ( Magne from Scottish Norwegian Ski School and at Stathspey during 67/68/69 I think it was)-

Magne Ivar Kj°lstad

Attachments: 270.jpg (11kB)  
Posted by: mikim who has made 4 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 10.00hrs on Sat 12 Feb 11

Hi,

found this page searcning. Interesting and I'll read it carefully regarding the old days. Give Derk my best regards ( Magne from Scottish Norwegian Ski School and at Stathspey during 67/68/69 I think it was)-

Magne Ivar Kj°lstad

Posted by: birkebeiner who has made 3 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 22.44hrs on Sat 11 Feb 12

I am interested in finding out any history from members of this forum, about the history of the Scottish Norwegian Ski School.

Thanks

Erik

Posted by: EwanM who has made 1 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 11.27hrs on Tue 17 Dec 13

From my recollection this was a joint venture between Elief Moen and Colin Sutton.
Elief was one of the original instructors who came over from Norway and Colin was a local hotelier.
My father was involved in the original Cairngorm development board which started the skiing in the early days.

Goto Page:  Previous12345678Next
Current Page:7 of 8
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: