You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
PipSki82

Last Visited: 13:27
9th Dec 2012
Cairngorm on BBC Breakfast
Date Posted: 07.29hrs on Fri 12 Jan 07
Just watched an an artical about Cairngorm on BBC1's breakfast programme... just the usual, poor snow and how they need to adapt to stay afloat etc... but there's a competition to win a trip to the Artic... details on the webiste (only 13-17yo's tho, so that me out!)

[news.bbc.co.uk]
Jim

Last Visited: 20:24
27th Feb 2021
Re: Cairngorm on BBC Breakfast
Date Posted: 08.25hrs on Fri 12 Jan 07
I notice in the BBC web page it describes Svalbard as "just off" the coast of Norway? Eh? It's a bit fuerther than "just off"...
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.18hrs on Fri 12 Jan 07
Hmmm blizzards, snowy mountain... so not all bad then. Think that people will notice is that there was snow, in this the supposed year without a winter if you believe some of the weather sites or more Alpine focused ski forums!
Snowweasel

Last Visited: 11:14
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 17.29hrs on Fri 12 Jan 07
There's plenty of skiers/boarders in the Beeb. I posted a thread on the Gateway (BBC internal) site about Scottish Skiing recently and there was a lot of interest. But we are a big organisation and different departments don't necessarily talk to each other. I'd be more worried ,from Scottish Snow Sports point of view, if BBC Breakfast WASN'T doing this sort of story. At least Cairngorm is still on the radar. Just wait till the next big dump: all the Sat Trucks will be there and News 24 will be linking from the Ptarmigan.
flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 19.00hrs on Fri 12 Jan 07
bbc news 24 will be linked to the ptarmigan

better get a better web cam then
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: