You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
monty

Last Visited: 12:41
3rd May 2013
Sky news report on aviemore
Date Posted: 22.42hrs on Sun 14 Jan 07
seen this on sky news tonight about skiing in scotland

[news.sky.com]

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 23.03hrs Sun 14 Jan 07 by monty.
punx

Re: Sky news report
Date Posted: 22.56hrs on Sun 14 Jan 07
what was that women on about,scotland has had 5 bad winters in a row. i think last winter was the best we have had in years and how about 2005 did that not turn out to be a ok winter in the end.
monty

Last Visited: 12:41
3rd May 2013
Re: Sky news report on aviemore
Date Posted: 23.22hrs on Sun 14 Jan 07
has she been living in a cave since the 60's????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dat annoys me , bad publicity for scottish skiing!!!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.34hrs Sun 14 Jan 07 by monty.
G.V.F leader #1

Date Posted: 23.34hrs on Sun 14 Jan 07
its pure bull plop ive just looked at the live web cast n there is loads of snow sky news should investicate there stories more in furture they should watch bbc 1 weather they might learn something NO.1 G.V.F leader out

G.V.F rule
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 00.36hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
What constitutes a bad winter, arguably 1998 has to be one of if not the worst, yet offered up the best powder conditions ever seen on the 'Gorm ! The last two winters, and esp last winter have in many ways been seasons of two halves.

The cold dry winter drought of 2003 was a disaster for CairnGorm and the Lecht's best ever season finacially and in terms of skier days!

Financially half-term remains very important to the ski areas, not just because of the English Holidays but the fact remains Feb is the month the most people are looking to ski. Something (not sure what) needs to be done to educate people that snowsports are NOT just wintersports!
mikes

Last Visited: 13:53
19th Jul 2015
Date Posted: 22.03hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
It seems to be open season for global warming stories in the media. I have done interviews with the BBC, Sun and I was live on Sky news on sunday morning. In each case they seemed to really believe that we were doomed! I don't believe that any of these people actually look at the facts, instead they believe the media hype they are part of! The facts about snow-lie in the Highlands for the last 40 years just don't support these theories. It is not great at the moment but that is quite typical for this time of year.

I guess a lot of it was that it was cheaper to come to scotland to film than go to the alps!

Personally I am an optimist, which I find is the best way to be when you are passionate about skiing here!!!!
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 22.44hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
It is in some respects not that suprising it's open season on Global Warming Stories. A look at the current state of January's CET shows:

8.5°c (+4.3°c)

IF that were to continue it would not just be record breaking, it would be utterly astounding, and taken with the last few months of record or near record CETs pretty mindblowing in weather terms.

In fact the last few months would lie beyond the worst case warming for 2080 in the UKCIP scenarios, yet the fact remains we are skiing, and this time last year we were not.

Unless we are in runaway warming where all models can go out the window, then there is a silver lining in this cloud. Even worst case scenario - the snow will not dissapear totally.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.01hrs Mon 15 Jan 07 by alan.
andy not logged in

Date Posted: 22.52hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
I can only imagine what the north american media is saying, last week it was 14C in montreal and the week before 22C in new york...that like us having temps of 25C at this time of year!
Andy

Last Visited: 08:47
2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 23.01hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
heres a story
[thestar.com.my]
h11lly

Last Visited: 18:38
2nd Sep 2019
Date Posted: 23.33hrs on Mon 15 Jan 07
Just got round to reading todays Press and Journal. There's an article about the ski-ing being affected by the wind this weekend, but it's generally optimistic.

[www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk]

Helen
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: