Warning: include(/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/amackay/php/2006/template/sitewidetopnavbar.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/jet/var/pear/php:${prefix}/share/php') in /tmp/tpl-default-header-b6bd19f84f88692ce5a6f1718e3735d0.php on line 71
You are NOT Logged in.
If you can help and contribute information, stories, or photos from the very beginning to the present day, we would be very grateful.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Famous Scottish skiers and snowboarders
Posted by: Lionel who has made 1130 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 21.00hrs on Sun 27 Jan 08

On Saturday in Chamonix, I supported the Scottish skier Finlay Mickel. When I was waving the Scottish flag in the start area, Finlay saw me, smiled and waved to me. Two minutes later he skied down the Kandahar. I managed to take very quickly 3 pictures. Unfortunately I can't find his website as I wanted to send him the pics.

Looking for other Scottish skiers on the web, I found these ones.

Alain Baxter :

[www.alainbaxter.co.uk]

His brother Noel Baxter :

[www.noelbaxter.co.uk]

Lesley McKenna :

[www.lesleymckenna.com]

There might be some other Scottish skiers whom you know. Please add them on this thread.

Greetings from the Alps,

Lionel

Re: Famous Scottish skiers and snowboarders
Posted by: gregor who has made 437 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 11.12hrs on Mon 28 Jan 08

Lionel,

Fin's pretty active on Facebook. That's the best place to find him. Failing that, give me a shout and I'll see he get's them.

Re: Famous Scottish skiers and snowboarders
Posted by: Lionel who has made 1130 posts. (IP Logged)
Date: 09.29hrs on Tue 29 Jan 08

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for your help and your brilliant idea to contact Finlay through Facebook. I will do it and I will let you know if it worked. Merci Gregor !

Greetings from the Alps,

Lionel

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: